Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Hey Dudes I'm Back

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

#16  Postby Wraithlord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:44 pm

I got into the Tau for two reasons Grim. First was that the previous Chaos codex utterly boned my Thousand Sons to the point that using them was no longer remotely fun and second was that I dig the models for the Tau. I like that anime/manga look in a big way. Was a pleasant surprise that the playstyle for the army was exactly the type of thing I dig most (read highly mobile shooting) and it was a fun diversion from painting power armour.

Now if only they would make plastic Sisters of Battle.....

post your Big lavalizardbike wraith

Ask and ye shall receive Col. For the hell of it (and because I like to pimp it any chance I get :D) I have posted my Tzeentch Daemon Prince as well.

Daemonic Steed Lord

Tzeentch Daemon Prince

Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#17  Postby Fyrebyrd » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Those are freakin awesome!!! If they wouldn't be Chaos... :roll:

May the emperor strike you down! :twisted:

Nice Wraith!
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#18  Postby Grimnar42 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:27 am

Hmmm impressive very much so. U getting into conversions as well so I will have to lift my game a bit then.

Col what do we have to do get u back into 40k ?

My wishlist for models and vehicles is geting out of hand looking like I need a job to support the hobby. Thank God for ebay. BTW u guys should check out http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/ I get stuff delivered to my door %20 cheaper than buyng local shipping included !!
40K: Space Wolves; 13th Company; Dragon Lords; Squats; Death Guard; Iron Warriors; Traitor Guard
Grimnar42
Recruit
Recruit

#19  Postby jlong05 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:43 am

I swear Wraith. If you keep showing off your skills I am seriously going to talk Harkan into amending the Beta tester tasks for you to include painting all our armies also. 8O :lol: :lol:
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#20  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm cool with the amending the Beta Testers roles as long as the work load says:

Beta Tester Wraithlord has to paint all Ab40k Team Members' armies.

You don't want me painting your stuff, unless you like 'simple paint jobs'
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#21  Postby Col_Stone » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Grimnar42 wrote:Col what do we have to do get u back into 40k ?

Actually played a game this sunday, and will play again today, and had fun too..
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#22  Postby jlong05 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Col_Stone wrote:... and had fun too..

Wait, we are supposed to have fun? I thought we were supposed to argue endlessly over half understood rules and personal beliefs/desires of how rules shoudl work, based on real-world examples. 8O

Just kidding. I tried to play yesterday myself, but the LGS was closed. :(
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#23  Postby Shi_Vral » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 pm

I got my second game of Apocalypse in yesterday, which ended up being my 6th game since last Tuesday (1 Regular game Tuesday, 1 Apoc Game Thursday, 3 Regular Games Saturday, 1 Apoc Game Monday) and it looks like I've got another Apoc game on Thursday. I have to say as much as the Apoc rules are weird and difficult to make work in AB, the games themselves have been rather enjoyable, with going second/last seeming to be a real advantage in the games I've played (I was able to win off of deep striking units in the first game, and left over reserves in the second). Anyway, it was really nice to come back to the game after so long away and actually enjoy playing again. If only these rumors about 5th edition would end up being all bunk and go away.

Shi
Making Tau lists easier to create since 2003<br>
Shi_Vral
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#24  Postby Wraithlord » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:05 am

I swear Wraith. If you keep showing off your skills I am seriously going to talk Harkan into amending the Beta tester tasks for you to include painting all our armies also.

Well I am thinking about doing commission work..... :). In all honesty pm me if you are interested and we can see what is what.

I have gotten a game of Apoc in recently and I have to say that I love it. Big games have always been the main event for me (after modeling/painting) as opposed to smaller point games so AP just fits me perfectly. The destruction a Baneblade can cause is just so FUCKING COOL (*rapidly rising voice ensues). Of course, the return damage that a Barbed Heirodule can do to said Baneblade and the many models withing 2D6 of it when it explodes is also quite impressive. Definitely going to be a staple for me.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#25  Postby Col_Stone » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm back at bickering over rules, cursing over bad rolls and stupid rules again.
Halfway through the match i threatened to throw a eldar support weapon into the wall if it missed again, that actually works :P

still haven't played apoc, and just got challenged to a 1250 game, a friend needs practice for a tournamnt...
seriously 1250 :|
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#26  Postby Chunky_Baby » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Grim :)

Long time no see sir!
Kill!! Maim!!! Burn!!!!
Kharn the Betrayer

World Eaters: <B> ONCE</B> the embodiment of slaughter...now nerfed - thanks GW...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

Previous

Return to Gaming Room