Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

My Promised Thousand Sons

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

#31  Postby Wraithlord » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:18 am

Rayne wrote:He is right. Tsons Troops Sorcerer only gets one power.

Yep. I thought that meant they could TAKE two as well. Oh well, at least the HQ sorc can both take and cast two

And Lash of Submission is Slaanesh only, so why did you name him as Tzeentch Sorcerer? :P

Typo :D

And BTW: Wraith. I dont think your supposed to put stats AND points on the same list. GW might get angry, and i think its against forum rules too.

Correct. Stats removed.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#32  Postby Rayne » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:59 am

Lol... You removed the stats, but left the typo and the extra psychic powers. XD

Since your Prince is Tzeentch, you can take 2 powers with him, if you wanted. If you did, id suggest either Warptime for the CC benefits, or Gift of Chaos, because instakilling and making him an ally is always fun for the family.

Vindicators tend to die very quickly because they have an S10 pieplate, so i dont think its very cost effective. 120 pts lost in the first round of every game. Personally, im looking forward to using Obliterators for my antiarmor... Lascannons for long range, Multimelta for short range death of vehicles, and Plasma cannons for anti-infantry.
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#33  Postby Wraithlord » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Dunno. Not all that big on the new Oblits. Got much weaker AND even more expensive. :P
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#34  Postby Wraithlord » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:50 am

Holy crap are Tsons so much better. Just had a test game with this list vs Nids. Unlike before when rending and MC's would just rip you to shreds, the Sons can now hang out far longer. Add in force weapons to take on MC's and baby you are in business. One of my squads got charged by a Tyrant with 3 guards, all with rending, and toed it out with them for 4 turns. AND THEN WON!! Warp Time + Force Weapon = dead MC's.

Ended up leaving not a single model on the table of his army. And that is something I have never done before with Chaos vs nids period, nevermind Tsons.

Oh and Lash of Submission is wickedly awesome.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#35  Postby Rayne » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:02 am

Well, give me a battle report. And tell me if you fixed the errors in your list or not.

I want to know how it stands up, concidering that i still think that Tsons got shafted.

And i just noticed something while trying to rebuild my list. Again... Land Raiders no longer have Daemonic Controls/Power of the Machine Spirit? No more still move and shoot, or shoot 2 weapons, one at BS2? Thats why they are 30 pts cheaper?! Bull$hi7.
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#36  Postby harkan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 am

I think we will be seeing a LOT more K sons lists now as they have been given a lot more positives than before as Wraith has demonstrated, overall, am starting to like this new dex more n more
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37  Postby Stur » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:01 pm

One of my squads got charged by a Tyrant with 3 guards, all with rending, and toed it out with them for 4 turns. AND THEN WON!! Warp Time + Force Weapon = dead MC's.

I hope you where not insta-killing them. No Tyranid that is in Synapse range can be insta-killed, so Force weapons are really just expensive power weapons. But even so, warp time is an amazing ability and yes that along with the inv saves, make them really scary. I have play tested them verses nids as well. Believe it or not I rolled a 6 and turned one of his 250 point Carnefexs into a chaos spawn, with gift of chaos. He was not happy about that, and from then on used the "C" word quite a lot. :lol: :lol:
Stur
Recruit
Recruit

#38  Postby Wraithlord » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:29 am

Wrong. Synapse creatures are immune to Instant Death which is dying to a wound caused by a weapon that is double your toughness or more (BBB, pg27, sidebox with ID rules). Nowhere in the description of a force weapon does it say the weapon causes Instant Death. Look in the main rulebook, page 46, under the heading Force Weapons and read it. The description and wording of the rules there say the model is killed outright regardless of how many wounds it has NOT that it suffers Instant Death. As Force weapons are not double anythings toughness to begin with, they do not apply to the Instant Death rule.

How do you find Gift of Chaos overall? I have tried it a few times (in the current codex not the new) and was never impressed with it. Aside from the range improvement, I don't really see there being all that much reason to take it myself. Always open to other viewpoints though. :)
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#39  Postby harkan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:49 am

if I take a sorceror it always take GoC - it can be useful to take out targets, especially massive points cost models. The one game where I turned my opponent's fully tooled up chaos lord into a spawn was a priceless moment.

I need to check the wording in the new dex but the old one could target friend or foe so if you wanted to make use of a cheap guard unit in a LaTD army and turn one into a spawn each turn ...
Last edited by harkan on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#40  Postby Rayne » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:51 am

If you roll lots of 6's, GoC is really good because you autokill an enemy, create an ally, and the squad is now in assault. Its very annoying to fight against, because of things like "Whoops! Your Carnafex is a spawn now." "Oops, your Deceiver is a spawn now" "Hehe, your Farseer is a spawn now."

Its particularly bad in this version, where if you give all of your Tsons aspiring sorcerers GoC and the warp focus, so they get an additional D6 inches on it. You GoC, it spawns on top of them, then you assault. And you can have up to 11 squads that can do it with the current version.
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#41  Postby Stur » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:54 pm

GoC is really sweet now, I got charged by a group of 12 stealers and Ahriman turned 3 of them into spawn in one turn. Fun stuff.

The Force weapon this is news to me. I see many more forces weapons in my army builds in the future. :-)
Stur
Recruit
Recruit

#42  Postby Stur » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:08 pm

The aspiring sorcerers only get one power per round so you couldn't warp-time and use your force weapon in the same turn. I believe it say that on the rulebook under force weapons?

Another combo I have used with my daemon prince is to warp-time then winds of chaos. Wound everything on 4+ and reroll failed wounds.
Stur
Recruit
Recruit

#43  Postby Wraithlord » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 am

Stur wrote:The aspiring sorcerers only get one power per round so you couldn't warp-time and use your force weapon in the same turn. I believe it say that on the rulebook under force weapons?

Another combo I have used with my daemon prince is to warp-time then winds of chaos. Wound everything on 4+ and reroll failed wounds.

Take a look in the Psychic Powers section of the new chaos codex. It states that Tzeentch models may attempt to cast 2 powers per turn :)

Yeah I have that very Daemon Prince combo set up. Damn wicked.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#44  Postby Rayne » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:00 am

Yeah, ive got the Warptime+Wind of Chaos combo too... Its wicked sick. And Wraith is right. Tzeentch sorcerers can user 2 per round, regardless of how many powers they currently know. So a Tzeentch sorcerer can use a single power and then use the force weapon, if they so wish.
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#45  Postby Stur » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:01 am

That is so nasty it's not even funny. It almost makes me want to quit playing Chaos out of guilt for my fellow games. lol
Stur
Recruit
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Room