Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

#1  Postby jlong05 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:13 am

Looks to be a great conversion. Wish I had a spare LR to create one of these for the fun of it.

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/world_of_warhammer/rogaldorn.html
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#2  Postby Ghaz » Fri May 11, 2007 7:49 am

There may be a Forgeworld model eventually. If I remember correctly, there is a mention of the Rogal Dorn in the new Imperial Armour book.

Edit: Yep, here's a screenshot of the page in question from Games Day Canada.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through, for good or ill.
Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are drawn."

-The Tactica Imperium-
Ghaz
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby Rayne » Fri May 11, 2007 10:18 pm

From what i can see, he used 2 LR for the hull (Look closely and you can see the saw seam where he cut the LRs on the side shots), a Leman Russ, a Basilisk, and the cannon from a Vindicator, plus IG crew, fuel cans, and lots of plasticard. :)

Very nice conversion, i must admit, but still not playable in tournaments. At the bottom it tells you that its made with the VDR, and that hasnt been legal since the 4th ed BBB came out. Oh well. :) Its still pretty. ^_^

And sheesh, look at the firepower its packing... An Earthshaker, demolisher, 2 TL Lascannons, a TL Multimelta, and a TL Storm Bolter? Overkill much? :P

And if its built on a Land Raider hull, dont you think that it would have 14 armor on the sides and rear as well? Wasnt that the point? The story says that the Land Raider was unsuitable for siege warfare because of its armaments and armor, yet they reduced the armor on the back tremendously? Granted, it DOES have the structure points now, but still. Any body with S6 can punch a hole in it now if they glance alot. XD
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#4  Postby Wraithlord » Sat May 12, 2007 1:06 am

I don't think that is 2 LR's at all. Just one converted with extra bitz and a huge turret actually. Stunning conversion though for sure.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby Spack » Sat May 12, 2007 8:50 am

Definitely is 2 LR sets for sides at least. As Rayne pointed out, there is a visible vertical seam - the rear 2 sponsons/hatches are from one LR side piece, and the front hatch from another. Look at the pic showing it from the side flat on - you can see the seam to the right of the lascannon sponson, look at the very bottom where the tracks are.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Lemmings » Sat May 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Armor less than 14 is justified by the turret. If you look at a Leman Russ demolisher, GW adds armor to the turret to justify the increased stats, same with the hell hound.

So, Land Raiders with a turret could conceivably have armor less than 14.

Or so it is in my own special world anyway...
Lemmings
Cultist
Cultist

Return to Gaming Room