Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Regarding the Index v Codex poll, what about wargear?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Regarding the Index v Codex poll, what about wargear?

#1  Postby Gunzhard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:33 pm

I agree that Codex datasheets should automatically replace Index datasheets, but as per GW's request, the wargear from either should remain an option.
See the GW breakdown from the Community page: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/17/new-40k-faqs-need-know/ - Index Wargear should remain an option in the Codex Datasheet.

For example, a Blood Angel character uses the new Codex datasheet, but can still take a Jump-pack (as every Blood Angel player does) because it is available as a wargear option in the Index.

Cheers, and thanks for your hard work!
Gunzhard
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Regarding the Index v Codex poll, what about wargear?

#2  Postby Homer_S » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I think I made this distinction in the post associated with the poll. The only Index options that would not be available would be swaps for which the model no longer has the required wargear to swap. For instance, the Aeldari Autarch in the Index can swap Shuriken Pistol for Fusion Pistol, but the Codex version's base wargear no longer includes a Shuriken Pistol.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Gunzhard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Homer_S wrote:I think I made this distinction in the post associated with the poll. The only Index options that would not be available would be swaps for which the model no longer has the required wargear to swap. For instance, the Aeldari Autarch in the Index can swap Shuriken Pistol for Fusion Pistol, but the Codex version's base wargear no longer includes a Shuriken Pistol.

Homer

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I still find that answer a little unclear... I'm sure it's just me being daft - but wouldn't the case of this Autarch be an example of exactly what is referenced in the GW community flow-chart? ...meaning that since the wargear option was available in the Index, it can still be used along with the Codex Datasheet?
Gunzhard
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby deano » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Can the Codex version still select a Shiriken Pistol at any point that can then be swapped for a fusion pistol?  I dont have the codex anymore as it was borrowed..
deano
Maintainer
Maintainer

#5  Postby Homer_S » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:47 pm

<cite>Gunzhard wrote:</cite>
I think I made this distinction in the post associated with the poll. The only Index options that would not be available would be swaps for which the model no longer has the required wargear to swap. For instance, the Aeldari Autarch in the Index can swap Shuriken Pistol for Fusion Pistol, but the Codex version's base wargear no longer includes a Shuriken Pistol.

Homer

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I still find that answer a little unclear... I'm sure it's just me being daft - but wouldn't the case of this Autarch be an example of exactly what is referenced in the GW community flow-chart? ...meaning that since the wargear option was available in the Index, it can still be used along with the Codex Datasheet?

The problem is the Index defines a swap of Shuriken Pistol for Fusion Pistol. The Shuriken Pistol is removed in the Codex. That makes the swap invalid. Anyway, there is no way for an Autarch to take a Shuriken Pistol unless you use exclusively the Index.

<cite>deano wrote:</cite>Can the Codex version still select a Shiriken Pistol at any point that can then be swapped for a fusion pistol?  I dont have the codex anymore as it was borrowed..

I don't go for sequential swaps. If A cannot replace B then you cannot replace B with C and then replace C with A. 

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Gunzhard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Ok I understand now... thanks for the clarification!
Gunzhard
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions