Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

offer to help with coding.

Have a question about how to do something in the datafiles? Ask it here, we'll help if we can. NOTE: We cannot teach you how to use ABCREATE or how our files work, we don't have the time.

offer to help with coding.

#1  Postby dusktiger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 pm

hey guys,

i wasn't sure who to get a hold of specifically about this, so i decided to just post here.

I've been going through the space marine data files and fixing coding issues where i found wrong point costs, missing units, etc. in my copy of the files. My question is if you guys would like me to send you a copy of the files i fixed errors i found in, so the content can be uploaded to the community. I'm not the fastest at this stuff since my free time is limited, but any update progress is progress nonetheless.

If you are interested, please contact me via PM and we can exchange contact info to discuss further.
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Re: offer to help with coding.

#2  Postby Homer_S » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:14 pm

I would be the right person. I'll PM you.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Ratepe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm

I too would like to help!
Ratepe
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Homer_S » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:02 pm

<cite>Ratepe wrote:</cite>I too would like to help!

Check your PM.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Mage Mio » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am

Would anyone be willing to help me with the Necromunda and Mordheim files? I have spent a ton of time adding all of the warbands from the magazines, but I can't quite get some of the mechanics to work. I have a bunch of the warbands, spell lists, and weapon lists created, but I'm having trouble with skill and output programming.

I contacted both of the people listed in the respective games' files, but one wouldn't respond, and the other said he has no interest in still maintaining the files.

Thank you in advance!
Mage Mio
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Homer_S » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

<cite>Mage Mio wrote:</cite>Would anyone be willing to help me with the Necromunda and Mordheim files? I have spent a ton of time adding all of the warbands from the magazines, but I can't quite get some of the mechanics to work. I have a bunch of the warbands, spell lists, and weapon lists created, but I'm having trouble with skill and output programming.

I contacted both of the people listed in the respective games' files, but one wouldn't respond, and the other said he has no interest in still maintaining the files.

Thank you in advance!

I can probably take a peek. What are you having issues with?

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby Mage Mio » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Mostly skill mechanics and output stuff. For instance, I'd like EXP to be a value displayed on the stat line, so it's easier to track on the printed roster, and take up less space. Also, weapons with special attribute like "parry" get listed twice on the printed roster, once for their name and quantity, and once with their special attributes. I'd like that to be combined.
Mage Mio
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby bkrabach » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:20 am

I think I've found a few bugs with Space Marine support for Black Templars. I've made my own data file edits in the past and am comfortable doing so, but would love to see these fixed for the rest of the community - would you prefer bug report submissions or fix submissions (and what is your preferred method for the latter)?

Thanks for maintaining this data set!
bkrabach
Recruit
Recruit

#9  Postby Homer_S » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:08 pm

<cite>bkrabach wrote:</cite>I think I've found a few bugs with Space Marine support for Black Templars. I've made my own data file edits in the past and am comfortable doing so, but would love to see these fixed for the rest of the community - would you prefer bug report submissions or fix submissions (and what is your preferred method for the latter)?

Thanks for maintaining this data set!

See your PM.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Datafile Programming Support