Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Are we there yet?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Are we there yet?

#1  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:06 am

I haven't seen an update for AB in months. Are we at the point where 40k has becomed too convoluted to follow? I do feel that the rules are ALL over the place in the current state and i can see there being great difficulty for you guys maintaining the data files given how things are. Hell i am still wrapping my head around the whole death from the skies concept...

So my question is are you guys done with AB40k? Or is it a long hiatus pending a huge update?
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Re: Are we there yet?

#2  Postby gatims » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:39 am

I have the same question. Are you just done doing updates? It has been over 2 months since Angels of Death. I wouldn't normally complain, but I spent money on this program for regular updates. The free stuff is already updated.
gatims
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Spack » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Updates are being done, however the team all have work and personal lives to deal with so updates are only worked on when they have time. Please remember that the team does this purely on a volunteer basis and receives no money for creating/maintaining the files. Updating the files takes a lot of time as there are many little nuances in the rules and adapting what can look like simple numbers into workable AB configurations and scripts can be very awkward when a unit has very specific selection options that are not duplicated by existing units that could be simply copied.

When you buy an Army Builder license you are paying for updates to the Army Builder software itself, not the game support files which are all created by unpaid volunteers - at no point has anyone ever paid for game file updates. Lone Wolf will be happy to confirm this to you if you contact them. Army Builder also comes with the tools to allow you to edit the files and create your own, so you if you want more regular updates you can do them yourself. If you'd rather wait for the AB40k team releases then please be patient.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby gatims » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:57 pm

You should get paid :)
gatims
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Akaiyou » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:09 am

Thanks for letting us know that inew files are at least in the works, it's good to know indeed.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions