Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation

#1  Postby fenrick » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Is the Adeptus Mechanicus Battle Convocation in the detachments under Cult Mechanicus supposed to be the Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation from White Dwarf? If so, I applaud the attempt. I did not want to file a bug on the way it was working until I understood if this was the intent of it or not.

I can't imagine the coding necessary to link troop choices from three separate codex file sets (Skitarii, Cult Mech, and IK) and then make weapon and wargear options across all 3 free.

Thank you in advance for any information on whether or not this was the intent and if more work will be done to make it work correctly in the future.

Best Regards!
fenrick
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation

#2  Postby Homer_S » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 am

fenrick wrote:Is the Adeptus Mechanicus Battle Convocation in the detachments under Cult Mechanicus supposed to be the Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation from White Dwarf? If so, I applaud the attempt. I did not want to file a bug on the way it was working until I understood if this was the intent of it or not.

I can't imagine the coding necessary to link troop choices from three separate codex file sets (Skitarii, Cult Mech, and IK) and then make weapon and wargear options across all 3 free.

Thank you in advance for any information on whether or not this was the intent and if more work will be done to make it work correctly in the future.

Best Regards!

It should be working for the next release, there was already a bug report on it.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby fenrick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:25 am

Thanks, I thought I had gone through all the existing bugs. Must have missed it!
fenrick
Conscript
Conscript

#4  Postby ScottishDunc » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Has this issue been fixed in the current build or is it awaiting release? Still having issues getting a rules compliant War Convocation.

Thanks
ScottishDunc
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Homer_S » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:58 pm

ScottishDunc wrote:Has this issue been fixed in the current build or is it awaiting release? Still having issues getting a rules compliant War Convocation.

Thanks

What specifically is not working. I can't fix "not compliant".

Homer
Attachments
AMBC.JPG
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby ddsa86 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Here is what is not working:

Here are some issues I have found with the current Battle Convocation rules in AB.

First, the White Dwarf Title for the formation is Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation not Battle Convocation. It consists of the following detachments; 1 Cult Mechanicus Batlle Convocation, 1 Skitarii Battle Mantiple and 1 Imperial Knight Oathsworn Detachment. I think having this as the formation and listed under the formation would be better. Then allowing the detachments to be dragged into the formation would better.

Second, all weapon and wargear for this formation should be free and is not. The current program does not include the Relics of Mars or Arcana Mechanicus (this would be gear like the Pater Radium, Omnicient Mask etc.) for free. This means that once I get all the units in the the formation, some of the wargear, relics and arcana are not free. Here are is the rule: Might of the Adeptus Mechanicus: All weapon and wargear options taken by units in this formation, including any Relics of Mars or Arcana Mechanicum, are free. Furthermore, all weapons in this formation no longer has the Gets Hot special rule. There are two other special rules in the WD including all units have the Canticles of the Omnisiah special rule and if the Tech Priest Dominus is the warlord, you can re-roll results when rolling on the Warlord Traits table.

Last, I assume the Battle Maniple is suppose to represent the Skitarii Battle Maniple and under this formation you can take either a unit of Dragoons or Ironstrider Ballistarii. This is not available under the current detachment.
ddsa86
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Homer_S » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:37 pm

ddsa86 wrote:Here is what is not working:

Here are some issues I have found with the current Battle Convocation rules in AB.

First, the White Dwarf Title for the formation is Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation not Battle Convocation. It consists of the following detachments; 1 Cult Mechanicus Batlle Convocation, 1 Skitarii Battle Mantiple and 1 Imperial Knight Oathsworn Detachment. I think having this as the formation and listed under the formation would be better. Then allowing the detachments to be dragged into the formation would better.

Second, all weapon and wargear for this formation should be free and is not. The current program does not include the Relics of Mars or Arcana Mechanicus (this would be gear like the Pater Radium, Omnicient Mask etc.) for free. This means that once I get all the units in the the formation, some of the wargear, relics and arcana are not free. Here are is the rule: Might of the Adeptus Mechanicus: All weapon and wargear options taken by units in this formation, including any Relics of Mars or Arcana Mechanicum, are free. Furthermore, all weapons in this formation no longer has the Gets Hot special rule. There are two other special rules in the WD including all units have the Canticles of the Omnisiah special rule and if the Tech Priest Dominus is the warlord, you can re-roll results when rolling on the Warlord Traits table.

Last, I assume the Battle Maniple is suppose to represent the Skitarii Battle Maniple and under this formation you can take either a unit of Dragoons or Ironstrider Ballistarii. This is not available under the current detachment.

1) I fixed the name.
2) I fixed the cost of the Relics, they didn't behave the same as the other Wargear.
3) See attached snapshot showing the Battle Maniple drag-and-dropped under the Convocation (orange outline).
4) See attached snapshot showing the option to replace the Dragoons with the Ballistarii (yellow outline).
5) Since the Formation with units without Gets Hot can be mixed and matched with others that would have it, you will have to recall that those in the formation are not affected. BTW we can no longer put rules summaries other than profiles in the files, so don't ask.

When detachments are dragged under things, the leader mechanism is required to get the "parent" unit to validate.

As an aside, this Formation represents a real stretch of what Army Builder can do at present. This mechanism of nesting arbitrary units under arbitrary units took some investigation to get the "parent" to signal the "child" and vice versa. Note that they are two different mechanisms.

Homer
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Obsey » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Howdy. I seem to be missing something. I'm running v1.35 of Army Builder and I cannot for the life of me find this formation. I've messed with the filters and no luck. Any help?
Obsey
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions