Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Harlequin box content :?:

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Harlequin box content :?:

#1  Postby Col_Stone » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:37 am

Sooo, has anyone got any clue what will be in it?
I'm considering getting a full squad of those merry muppets and i want to cover all options in my initial purchase since the blisters are rumoured to be a splash-release.
Pretty hard to do whithout knowing what the box will contain:(
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#2  Postby shaggai » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 am

Just checked out the French GW site - looks like the box has 6 - 2 harleys with fusion pistols, 2 with kisses, a troup master, and (i guess) 1 ordinary harley. (At least that's what I see from the pics and a very limited understanding of french).

Actually it looks to be odd that there isn't a listing for a "basic" harley blister apart from the one model in the box. Which means that fielding them will be an expensive endeavor (both monetarily and points).

Maybe it'll make more sense once the GW US offers them on the advance purchase section.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Col_Stone » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:33 pm

I'm not sure i like GWs new boxmania,, i only need one exarch etc etc,,
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#4  Postby osman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:18 am

( sigh )

Yeah, the boxed sets are almost acceptable for things that aren't really customizable (Banshees, Warp Spiders, etc...)

But the harlequin box set is a crime. No one in their right mind runs harlies without taking the kiss. So the box set is basically worthless. Which means I have to buy blisters to get all the models I want, which is going to cost a fortune. Blech.
osman
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby shaggai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:34 am

osman wrote:( sigh )

Yeah, the boxed sets are almost acceptable for things that aren't really customizable (Banshees, Warp Spiders, etc...)

But the harlequin box set is a crime. No one in their right mind runs harlies without taking the kiss. So the box set is basically worthless. Which means I have to buy blisters to get all the models I want, which is going to cost a fortune. Blech.

Actually the way I've been looking at it, it almost makes more sense to buy boxes over separate blisters since it costs 10 for the master, 12 for each of the blisters of the other types - technically you're getting a free basic harley for -$4.00 (US). And since we know that Free and GW haven't gone together since the mid-90's, you know there's something afoot here...

And if you're tyring to corner the market on specific types, I'd ebay or use your favorite trade service to pawn what you don't need and get the types you do want...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Gaming Room