Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Is the program dead?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Is the program dead?

#1  Postby soacemarinejunkie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 am

I like this program but I am really beginning to wonder if it still exists. I haven't heard word one from the developers about an adjusted release date for 5th edition and tommorrow I plan on having the new marine codex? Is the program dead?
soacemarinejunkie
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby dwarfred » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:13 am

The maintainers do this in their spare time and for little more than our thanks. Sometimes things happen, and that spare time becomes scarce. I for one am glad that they do this at all, so I can use the program to build my lists, instead of having to do it by hand.
dwarfred
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Spack » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Just give the maintainers a little more time, there have been some technical issues and they are working to get the release out ASAP. I've updated the article on the home page, happy now?

As to the Marine codex, it won't be in the files until at least mid November - while Spearheads are out, the codex release on it's own is not officially until 4th Oct and there is a 1 month embargo from that date to file release.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby gop » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:29 am

I appreciate the work of the maintainers! Well done and keep on doing it please :o
gop
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Helveticus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:26 pm

If that's too long, do what I do. Do it yourself. Unfortunately, I know just enough to be somewhat dangerous. I can fix the Space Marine section, but that will simultaneously bone the Dark Angel section, which I use for my Combi-Wing army.

So my solution is to try and make one AB40K folder, and one AB40K2 folder, to trick AB into thinking they're two different game systems.

The data entry is easy, the programming is also easy probably 8 times out of 10. The ninth time, I'll have to play with it by trial and error- average about 4 attempts to get it right between looking at what it was, and what I want it to become, the 10th, chances are I'll have to ask for help.
Helveticus
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Helveticus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Well I'm most of the way finished, still have to do a few of the non-UM special characters, the Captain/Masters, and a couple of the new units.
Helveticus
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions