Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Time scale

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Time scale

#1  Postby harkan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 pm

The question that is being asked the most is when the 5th edition files will be released.

The answer is mid-August.

The reason for this is we have taken the decision to seperate the 4th and 5th edition files so that those who don't want to change can keep using AB. The files will available as two seperate downloads within AB and on our site. This is why there is a delay to allow us to make sure all the background work is done first.

An important point to note though: The 4th edition files will be unsupported once the 5th edition files are released.

To that end, we will be releasing the final version of the 4th edition files with as much crammed into them as possible, i.e. AP and so on. Once this has been put out, no more bug reports and so on will be accepted for the 4th edition files.

There are future plans for the 5th edition files to make them even more flexible for users ... watch this space.
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2  Postby Hallvard » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Mid-august is sort of in the past.

Could we get a more realistic date? Great work thus far.

Oh and if you need a beta-tester, I'm here.
Hallvard
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Spack » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:55 am

As of right now there is no expected date. Once the maintainers have a better idea of when it will be ready there will be an announcement. The note on the home page was updated to reflect this. Please be patient, there have been some technical hitches - and I think the severe weather in the US recently hasn't helped either, as most of of the maintainers are US based.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Hallvard » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks..
Hallvard
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Mazrim » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Seriously. Thank you. This is all the answer anyone wanted. And a bit less...erm...cold than:

The frustration that permeates the air is not from the lack of new updates, or a perceived lack of progress...but from non-information.

Me, I got a pencil and a pad o' graph paper to tide me over.
Mazrim
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby SweetTooth87 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:08 pm

any updates on the update? a rough date time scale?
SweetTooth87
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Azzy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 am

Patience: It's a virtue. :P
Azzy
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby jlong05 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 pm

It is being worked on, but due to a number of technical issues and family life issues the work has been a bit slower. Please stick with us as we work through everything to get the next release out to everyone.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#9  Postby Chunky_Baby » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Ready when it's ready :)

Thanks for the update guys.
Kill!! Maim!!! Burn!!!!
Kharn the Betrayer

World Eaters: <B> ONCE</B> the embodiment of slaughter...now nerfed - thanks GW...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#10  Postby harkan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:05 pm

OK first post in a long time

First off for all the users, I will take the flak for the delay. Inbetween a numbre of real life issues and an amazingly rs broadband service from a well known ISP in UK starting with T and ending with I .... (speeds of 100k ....) has been a major factor.

I want to remind all the users out there once again, we are volunteers on this project. We fit the coding in around life, paying work and keeping a roof over our and our familys' heads. Life gets in the way unfortunately which means coders and testers and rule judges have to drop the project for s little while to sort out reality.

I need to catch up now and get up to speed then expect more news very shortly ...
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11  Postby Chunky_Baby » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:31 am

harkan wrote:OK first post in a long time

First off for all the users, I will take the flak for the delay. Inbetween a numbre of real life issues and an amazingly rs broadband service from a well known ISP in UK starting with T and ending with I .... (speeds of 100k ....) has been a major factor.

I want to remind all the users out there once again, we are volunteers on this project. We fit the coding in around life, paying work and keeping a roof over our and our familys' heads. Life gets in the way unfortunately which means coders and testers and rule judges have to drop the project for s little while to sort out reality.

I need to catch up now and get up to speed then expect more news very shortly ...

Ok by me.

Hope all the RL issues have been good positive ones :)
Kill!! Maim!!! Burn!!!!
Kharn the Betrayer

World Eaters: <B> ONCE</B> the embodiment of slaughter...now nerfed - thanks GW...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#12  Postby Pavonis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:15 am

Is there anything we can do to help? I'm a good data monkey and editor if you need some extra hands.
Pavonis
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby harkan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:35 am

thanks for the offer, at the mo' everything is on track for a pretty quick release, first one to finalise the 4e files and then for the 5e files
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14  Postby Pavonis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 pm

No problem. I wasn't seeing anyone offering to help get this out the door faster so I thought I'd offer.

harkan wrote:thanks for the offer, at the mo' everything is on track for a pretty quick release, first one to finalise the 4e files and then for the 5e files
Pavonis
Recruit
Recruit

#15  Postby Azzy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:46 am

If you want anyone at your IP whacked, just let us know. ;)

Hope the RL issues weren't negative, or if they were that you'll overcome them. Best wishes for smooth sailing in all your RL matters from now on.

Thank you for the work you and the other contributors put into this -- you guys rock the casbah.
Azzy
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions