Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Include Ability Text In Footnotes?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Include Ability Text In Footnotes?

#1  Postby Papabrose » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 am

Hello,

I know yall already do a ton of great work and I appreciate it! I was wondering how possible it would be to put the information for the abilities (not just the names of the abilities) into the footnotes so I don't have to always reference the codex's. Or at least have some way to make it like an option cause I can see why some more advanced players who have all this memorized may not want that?

Thanks,
Papabrose
Papabrose
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Include Ability Text In Footnotes?

#2  Postby Spack » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

The files are not a replacement for the codex, they are for creating a list within the restrictions of the rules, and as such will only contain the minimum of information to make this achievable. 

The are also potential copyright issues around including all of this information, and we took the decision a few years back not to include these details any more. We'd rather be able to offer the AB files for 40k for use rather than have the entire project shut down due to the GW legal banhammer.

There is nothing stopping you learning how to use ABCreator and add augmentation files that would add the notes yourself, linking to the AB40k files so they would appear when options were selected. However, there is always a risk that the core files would get changed so that your aug files would no longer work and need to be modified with each release, as modifications to fix bugs and support new lists would inevitably result in chnages that affect most of the files.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Homer_S » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Spack is 100% correct.

You can always print out/photocopy the summary pages from your purchased Codex/Index to have with your roster as you play. That would give you most of the rules except for the odd special character.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Papabrose » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 pm

That makes sense thanks for your responses!
Papabrose
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions