Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Is 7th already dead in AB?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Is 7th already dead in AB?

#1  Postby jboweruk » Fri May 26, 2017 8:54 pm

As my question, have you already stopped supporting 7th Edition and just waiting on 8th to come out? I ask as a lot of fixes are still showing as either 'in progress' or 'new' but there's been no update for a long time now. I know a lot of people are excited about 8th but I'm afraid I'm not one of them, and it would be nice to have 7th finished before you drop it dead.

I have a number of codices and supplements that still haven't seen any use; and a good few bits out of them have not been added as yet. For example nobody believed me when I stated that the 'Emperors' Fist' armoured detachment was different in Apocalypse to the one in the Cadian supplement; I looked after I was told it wasn't in Apocalypse and it is actually there in Black and white; 10 Leman Russ' tanks any variant; no techpriest, he is from the Cadian supplement. Not to mention a few other bits that are out of books I don't have but not the versions out of books that I do have though they have the same name.

Please tell me you haven't given up on 7th just yet, I doubt I'm the only person who isn't sold on the new tournament play version of 40k. :mrgreen:
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

Re: Is 7th already dead in AB?

#2  Postby warmonger » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Talking to another former maintainer, it sounds like the programming crew got down to just one person. I would imagine that like with all of the previous transitions, 7th support is at an end already. Looking around at the forums on other sites, the early play tests of 8th are getting great reviews, so I doubt there will be many people clinging to 7th.
Black Templars, Dark Mechanicus, Iron Warriors, Necrons, Salamanders, Space Wolves, Tau, Thousand Sons, Tyranids
warmonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Darkn3ss F4lls » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Looking forward to Saturday indeed.
Darkn3ss F4lls
Conscript
Conscript

#4  Postby Tekwych » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:40 am

Could we at least get word that that data file authors are still alive? I want to use AB now that I'm back in to 40K
Tekwych
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Spack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Sorry for the delay in approving your post, I've been away for a while and there's been a lot to deal with recently.

Dan
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions