Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

two entries under Attack stat means what?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

two entries under Attack stat means what?

#1  Postby regf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi - new to AB3.x ( and Wh40k for that matter) for many unit stats I get an entry under the "A" attack stat columns with 2 entries separated by a slash for example Sm Sargeant with Terminator honour gets 2/3 in that column So is it 2 or 3?

thanks
regf
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby Spack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:27 pm

It's 2 base, +1 for the second close combat weapon. Whenever a model, or all models in a unit, have a second ccw, or anything else that would modify the attacks, AB shows the extra attack this provides.

It's also similar for other modifiers to the base profile, for instance power fists showing Strength 4/8 - 4 is the basic Strength value (used for rolling when the fist isn't used), and 8 for the fist when it's used. This particular example also affect Initiative, in the case of a Space Marine with Power Fist to 4/1 - 4 base, and 1 when using the Power Fist.

This is done so players don't have to keep referencing the rules/codexes to work out what the base and maximum values are for each stat.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby regf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Ah! All is now clear!

Thanks
regf
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Limey_ElJonson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:45 pm

I have noticed that this will come and go as you change the weapons being used in the squad.

For instance - I set up a squad of Dark Angel veterans. With a Bolter, of course it says 2 under the attack column. If I give one a lightning claw, it stays at 2 attacks. If I give two veterans, it changes to 2/3. If I give three veterans single lightning claws, it goes back to 2 and stays that way, no matter how many more single claws I add. The same goes for power fists and thunder hammers. Very odd.

With a pair of lightning claws, it goes to 2/3 as soon as I add one pair, all the way up to the full squad having them.

I don't know if this is a bug or something I'm not seeing in the rules.
Limey_ElJonson
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Homer_S » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:53 pm

That is an artifact of the way the files are coded. We are in the process, think glacier here, of making some changes that create a new line when the stats are modified. That way, you would have an unmodified line, a line with thunder hammers and storm shields and a line with a pair of lightning claws. Each line would show the right stats for the equipment on that line.

Take a look at Space Wolves for examples, like adding a power fist to as squad.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Limey_ElJonson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 pm

That sounds great! Thanks for letting me know Homer :)
Limey_ElJonson
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions