Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Levels of Alliance options

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Levels of Alliance options

#1  Postby Kaervek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:48 am

Hello,

Just wondering if I could get some information on the Levels of Alliance selection when making a new army list.

I play Tau mostly, previous edition I would run Tau Empire with Farsight Enclaves as allies at tournaments. Now with the new rulebook they count as the same faction and thus go into the same Combined Detachment. The great part with this is I can now take the Enclaves units I like with my Empire units and still have an Allied Detachment available.

So, I am currently toying with Tau/Enclaves + Dark Angels.

But, in Army Builder to add the Enclaves units to my Tau force, I have to select them as allies, which allows me to then put the units I want into my Combined Detachment. This works fine and Army Builder validates it as correct. To then add the Dark Angels, I then have to change the roster rules to make my Level of Alliance as Desperate Allies so I can pick and choose Dark Angels units to add into an Allied Detachment. Doing this then makes Army Builder determine that all of my Enclaves units are now invalid to the Army Rules.

While this is a minor issue from my end, for a Tournament Organiser looking over hundreds or army lists, seeing units show up as invalid could raise some questions that don't actually need to be asked.

I am wondering if this is solvable, with the following options that I can think of initially:

• Allow the selection of multiple Levels of Alliance.
  • Make the Levels of Alliance selection the minimum Level of Alliance, including everything at that level and above.
  • Add all units that are from Supplements, and thus now part of the same faction as the parent Codex into the parent Codex, but tagged as from the Supplement.

Not having any really idea what it takes to edit and create the files for Army Builder, I don't honestly know if any of my suggestions would work, nor the amount of work required for each. Ideally under the new Faction based Detachment system that GW have gone with, having the Codex and its Supplement as a single data file could potentially be much easier for the end client to use, I don't know if that would also be easier for the developers to keep updated also.
Kaervek
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions