Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

CSM Juggernaut of Khorne... How to take it?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

CSM Juggernaut of Khorne... How to take it?

#1  Postby tronage » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello all,
So I used to play WH40K back in 3rd edition. I've now gotten back into it, and trying to get back in the swing. I've got the current codex for CSM and on page 67, it mentions still being able to take a Juggernaut of khorne (I believe in AB it used to be an option for the aspiring champ when they have the mark of khorne for a troop unit). I'm currently on AB v 3.4, and WH40K v1.3. Can someone tell me how within AB to take the Juggernaut steed, or let me know if they are in there at all, and if I should open a ticket on the bug-tracker to add him in.

Thanks for the help!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

Re: CSM Juggernaut of Khorne... How to take it?

#2  Postby Homer_S » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 pm

tronage wrote:Hello all,
So I used to play WH40K back in 3rd edition. I've now gotten back into it, and trying to get back in the swing. I've got the current codex for CSM and on page 67, it mentions still being able to take a Juggernaut of khorne (I believe in AB it used to be an option for the aspiring champ when they have the mark of khorne for a troop unit). I'm currently on AB v 3.4, and WH40K v1.3. Can someone tell me how within AB to take the Juggernaut steed, or let me know if they are in there at all, and if I should open a ticket on the bug-tracker to add him in.

Thanks for the help!

Add a Chaos Lord to the roster and under Unit Options, select the Mark of Khorne. The option for a Juggernaut appears under May take the following.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby tronage » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 am

OMG thank you so much! You rock. That has been driving me crazy. Since I thought it was for Aspiring champs, I didn't even think to look, but now I see now it is a chaos reward, and the lord can pick form that list. It is very hard to try to re-learn all of this, and figure what still works and what doesn't. Last I played, Iron Warriors could still have a Basilisk for example. I'm guessing all that special legion stuff is gone now, since I don't see any options to set a legion in AB, and I only see a little "fluff" text about IW on page 12 of codex?
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#4  Postby Homer_S » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:13 pm

tronage wrote:OMG thank you so much! You rock. That has been driving me crazy. Since I thought it was for Aspiring champs, I didn't even think to look, but now I see now it is a chaos reward, and the lord can pick form that list. It is very hard to try to re-learn all of this, and figure what still works and what doesn't. Last I played, Iron Warriors could still have a Basilisk for example. I'm guessing all that special legion stuff is gone now, since I don't see any options to set a legion in AB, and I only see a little "fluff" text about IW on page 12 of codex?

It is sort of gone. You can't take it in a normal list, but there might be either a Supplement for Iron Warriors or you can take an Allied Detachment of Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard) as "Renegades".

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby tronage » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:54 am

OMG you are awesome! Now by a supplement, do you mean something possibly published by GW in the future that then would work its way into AB?
And by "renegades", do you mean to set my levels of alliance to "come the apocalypse" so I would be able to see them on my allied list, or is there a "better" way?
Thanks so much for all your help, it is making so much more of a pleasure to get back in the swing of how the game works as well how AB has evolved, and works with the new edition!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#6  Postby Homer_S » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:00 am

tronage wrote:OMG you are awesome! Now by a supplement, do you mean something possibly published by GW in the future that then would work its way into AB?
And by "renegades", do you mean to set my levels of alliance to "come the apocalypse" so I would be able to see them on my allied list, or is there a "better" way?
Thanks so much for all your help, it is making so much more of a pleasure to get back in the swing of how the game works as well how AB has evolved, and works with the new edition!

Sorry to get your hopes up, no Iron Warriors supplement. There two for CSM: Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter. I would try setting it to Comes the Apocalypse to get them to show up in AB.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby tronage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Since you have been so amazingly helpful, perhaps you can answer this question for me. So I now have I have the Juggernaut configured as my lord, and I now notice for the attacks I see "4/5"... And I notice throughout my roster there other areas (leadership, strength, initiative, etc.) where units will have two numbers listed with the slash between.

I looked up in my codex, and on pg 31, I see the attacks of the lord are 3. And pg 67 for the Juggernaut adds +1 attack, so that would be 4. But what is the "/5" portion listed on AB? Hopefully there is a more general explanation what the numbers separated with a slash represent so I can understand them better? I see them pop up all over, and for almost any stat; for example the Helbrute, I see in the codex has strength of 6, but in AB it has "6/10"

Thanks for all your help in getting me back up to speed!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#8  Postby Homer_S » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:57 am

tronage wrote:Since you have been so amazingly helpful, perhaps you can answer this question for me. So I now have I have the Juggernaut configured as my lord, and I now notice for the attacks I see "4/5"... And I notice throughout my roster there other areas (leadership, strength, initiative, etc.) where units will have two numbers listed with the slash between.

I looked up in my codex, and on pg 31, I see the attacks of the lord are 3. And pg 67 for the Juggernaut adds +1 attack, so that would be 4. But what is the "/5" portion listed on AB? Hopefully there is a more general explanation what the numbers separated with a slash represent so I can understand them better? I see them pop up all over, and for almost any stat; for example the Helbrute, I see in the codex has strength of 6, but in AB it has "6/10"

Thanks for all your help in getting me back up to speed!

Stats with two numbers and a slash indicate that wargear or special rules are giving a bonus. So the Juggernaut provides a +1 to base attacks, to the left of the slash. The model probably has either a Pistol and Melee weapon or 2xMelee weapons. That gives the +1A to the right of the slash. Saves with a slash are armour/invulnerable.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions