Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Escalation, Stronghold Assault, Data-slates, Formations....

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Escalation, Stronghold Assault, Data-slates, Formations....

#1  Postby dbgoldberg323 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 pm

In December, Games Workshop released the Escalation and Stronghold Assault supplements as well as brand new formations and data-slates for 40k. They include units, fortifications, gargantuans, super-heavies, "lords of war", etc, that can all be used in standard 40k now (they actually modify the rules for 40k, they are about as "optional" as any other standard codex now). Additionally, GW/ForgeWorld released a PDF I think back in January that introduced more gargantuan/super-heavies as legal "Lords of War" choices. I have done some digging and I can't seem to find *any* of this stuff in the most recent version of the AB40k file and it has now been almost three months since their release. These are standard things in 40k now. Any word on when these are coming? Apologies if it's been stated elsewhere or if I just haven't found it yet in AB.
dbgoldberg323
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Escalation, Stronghold Assault, Data-slates, Formations....

#2  Postby jboweruk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Remember these guys are volunteers with work/home lives to juggle as well. so just sit tight, at the rate GW are dropping new stuff it's got to be hard for them to keep up. And there aren't that many of them either. :)
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

#3  Postby dbgoldberg323 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 am

I get that, but when they have things like "Sentinels of Terra" included but not books that came out months before it, it is confusing.
dbgoldberg323
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Homer_S » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:25 pm

dbgoldberg323 wrote:I get that, but when they have things like "Sentinels of Terra" included but not books that came out months before it, it is confusing.

Maintaining the files is a bit organic. People add what they feel like or remember while they are doing other things. In general, it seems we like to favor the main game books. Add-on books like Apocalypse and other expansions tend to get in when someone gets a slack period.

I suppose we should create a list somewhere of what is out and not in and prioritize. We are working on recruiting and bug fixing right now. We will get there.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby jlong05 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 am

Also remember that those additional rules also all cost real money that a given maintainer may not be interested in. Especially the most recent stuff that is digital only. That information will likely be added eventually, but no promises for a timeline as not everyone is interested in paying GWs mostly ridiculous prices.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions