Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Black Templar Terminators in Drop Pods

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Black Templar Terminators in Drop Pods

#1  Postby atomsmasher » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Everyone tells me that Black Templars can't put Terminators in Drop Pods. However, the codex and FAQs are "inconclusive" at best, and AB40k in Army Builder tells me that Terminators can take Drop Pods as Dedicated Transports. I didn't see any mention of it under the Black Templar Bug Tracker, so I'm asking here. Which is it?

Thanks!
atomsmasher
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Black Templar Terminators in Drop Pods

#2  Postby Homer_S » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Uh,

Drop Pod Assault (C:BT, pg. 22) is replaced with the FAQ. Terminator Squads should not have access to Drop Pods since they have gained Deep Strike. I'm sure Spack with chime in, he has a good grasp of all things rules related.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Templar Terminators in Drop Pods

#3  Postby Spack » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:10 am

From what I've read BT Terminators cannot take drop pods due to the January FAQ, as only those units that explicitly have a Drop Pod in their dedicated transport options can take them. AFAIK in the codex the drop pod rules apply to any unit, so they could take them prior to 6th edition.

EDIT: now I'm back home from work I've checked the codex and the FAQ. In the codex terminator squads were allowed drop pods as per the Drop Pod Assault rules on page 22. When 6th edition was released, the first new BT FAQ errata changed the Drop Pod Assault rules to remove all references to the squads that could use it, which meant that at that point no squad was allowed to use Drop Pods. In the v1.1 FAQ the new changes added Drop Pods as dedicated transports to the Command Squad, Sword Brethren Squad, Dreadnought and Crusader Squad. Terminators don't get Drop Pods any more, and gain Deep Strike as part of their Teleport rules.

The AB40k files are wrong, Drop Pods are not available to terminator squads. I've posted it in the bug tracker with a reference to this topic.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions