Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Dark Angels 6th

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Dark Angels 6th

#1  Postby dickie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi, new to the board. Got board of waiting for the Dark Angel release, so created my own. Not sure what the rules are for posting files, so will wait for a reply first. only started using the creator last week, so may be doing stuff wrong. Started from scratch to learn what i was doing & def not finished, but my file can make a fully compliant army & think ive done an ok job.
Things that need done are
Competition output
command squads and techmarine to have the per-requisites
Any bugs fixed
unsure how to make allies work

Would appreciate opinions/advice on anything ive done, but would like to find out either if i can send the file to one of the maintainers or post it for review.

thanks for any help
Dickie
dickie
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Dark Angels 6th

#2  Postby Homer_S » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Wait a few hours and there should be a new file out. It has been tested at length over the past week or two.

Homer

P.S. Note that it might be more than a few...
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby gvalentino » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm

How many more hours?
gvalentino
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby dickie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 pm

thanks to the team for the effort put into the file (my flatmate did say yours would be released about 8 hours after i had finished,lol), having a look through now to see what i did right/wrong. What i've noticed so far :
Opening army builder and comparing both yours and mine. Have since decided to make a bug report to go along with this, so going through the lot.

had to add 3 tags i added back in to look at them at the same time, 1 being for the company master so he cant have a bike, unitid makes a lot more sense. Makes a lot more sense for a lot of the things i was doing with tags :oops:
Both of us have put the Shroud of Heroes in the replace one weapon with bit.
With Belial i didn't have the storm bolter in the swords option so that there is no need to deselect to choose the other options.
one thing with the weapons options is i have them in order of points - not a usability issue, more personal preference.
Company master - i had his name in Power Armour & when selecting Artificer Armour changing entity.name to reflect this.
A lot of things look exactly the same in army builder which is a + for me
I have put all vehicle upgrades in the "Vehicle Upgrades" section & added Preferred enemy to Deathwing Vehicle. It does seem to look nicer like this. also means there all in the same place on all vehicles.
I didn't use tags for the veteran sergeant upgrade, in eval for the upgrade i used entity.basestat & entity.name = "Veteran Sergeant"
Did the Deathwing upgrade on the Landraiders slightly easier - the auto one with requires parent, and the other with No, instead of using tags (end result the same :) ). also noted missing the textcost on the transport options to show the included upgrade.

to sum up, i got most right and a few things wrong. Feel a lot more comfortable using the creator now than i did when i started.

Anyway, great work on the new file!! & hope my comments are helpful.
Dickie
dickie
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Limey_ElJonson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Nice work chaps!

I noticed when I fired it up this morning that there were no fortifications. Also, when I clicked the box under the Rules tab for Imperial Armour, none appeared available. Is it me? Is it a "feature" (thankyou M$)

cheers!
Limey_ElJonson
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby dickie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Just to point out, I had nothing to do with the creation of the new file. I just made my own and then compared it afterwards, I should have pointed out in my previous post that my one had a lot more errors in it :oops: .

To answer you question ; I think the team was so busy focusing on getting the Dark Angel file done as fast as possible for us lot, that they didnt have time to update the rest (was mentioned in one of the bug reports and both Fortifications and the Imperial Armour stuff will be in the next release).

Dickie
dickie
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Fyrebyrd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 pm

^ What he said ^

Give it time, the rest will be implemented.
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#8  Postby shaggai » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:52 pm

dickie wrote:had to add 3 tags i added back in to look at them at the same time, 1 being for the company master so he cant have a bike, unitid makes a lot more sense. Makes a lot more sense for a lot of the things i was doing with tags :oops:

I have to thank Homer for pointing out the utility of the unitid usage. It's basically I tag that I don't have to add to do what needs to be done. Another special benefit which I don't think I have really used but planned to is the wildcard so that if you were looking for all terminator units and named them initially as da6_TermA (for assault) and da6_TermD (for regular squad) you could include or not include additonal options or the like by simply using "da6_Term? or !da6_Term?" Something to think about as you work with the files.... :)
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions