Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Problem downloading 1.5

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Problem downloading 1.5

#1  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 am

AB didn't allow me to update with the new file got an error saying to use the 'go to file' button which brought me to the site but there's no download link to get it 'manually' as suggested.

So i am notifying you of the problem as per AB directions.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Re: Problem downloading 1.5

#2  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:54 am

Ah looks like it's working now...yay.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#3  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 am

By the way there's an error that pops up when you use more than one HQ saying 'there must be one warlord'

I've noticed it while editing the chaos space marine army lists.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#4  Postby JMichael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I wouldn't call that a problem. You do have to select a Warlord per the rulebook.
Though I do understand wanting to wait until you see your opponent before picking one.

Of course you can still save/print the roster without selecting a Warlord.

>>edit 8/31/12>>
Oops, just noticed that on p111 of the rulebook it states you MUST nominate your Warlord when choosing your army!

On a side note...I really like the Warlord checkbox and the option to include the traits within AB. Thanks ab40k team!

>>end edit>>
JMichael
Maintainer
Maintainer

#5  Postby Akaiyou » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 pm

You don't need to necessarily have the warlord preselected, the warlord is selected when you are going to play in the preparing for battle phase, just before selecting missions.

Let's say you are asked by a random stranger for a game. You haven't built a list yet but you know what you'll be facing. You build your list with two HQs and wait for your opponent to do the same, then you select your warlords and play the game.

The warlord shouldn't be forced to be selected whilst list building in army builder. Because it's a part of starting a game not a requirement for list building. By default you will ALWAYS have a warlord, as you are required to have 1 HQ in all armies, so not deciding your warlord shouldn't cause an error in AB as some times you'd like to try having the other guy be the warlord.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#6  Postby jlong05 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Akaiyou wrote:You don't need to necessarily have the warlord preselected, the warlord is selected when you are going to play in the preparing for battle phase, just before selecting missions.

Let's say you are asked by a random stranger for a game. You haven't built a list yet but you know what you'll be facing. You build your list with two HQs and wait for your opponent to do the same, then you select your warlords and play the game.

The warlord shouldn't be forced to be selected whilst list building in army builder. Because it's a part of starting a game not a requirement for list building. By default you will ALWAYS have a warlord, as you are required to have 1 HQ in all armies, so not deciding your warlord shouldn't cause an error in AB as some times you'd like to try having the other guy be the warlord.

While we understand your indicated thought process, the rules still require a warlord be selected which is why its in teh validation process. The only real time you have an opportunuity to pick between HQ units is if they are both the same leadership, since the rules also indicate the highest leadership value HQ is always the Warlord.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#7  Postby JMichael » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Akaiyou wrote:You don't need to necessarily have the warlord preselected, the warlord is selected when you are going to play in the preparing for battle phase, just before selecting missions.

Again...p111 of the Rulebook states you must pick a Warlord when choosing your army.
Of course you can still save and print the list without the Warlord. I have dozens of rosters pre0made and printed that I bring to my LGS 40k nights, so I am always prepared with a list. For those I don't pick a Warlord as knowing the opponent can make a difference.

However, for Tournaments you would have to have the same Warlord for all of your games as it is part of the Army Selection process.
JMichael
Maintainer
Maintainer

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions