Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! FINALLY

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! FINALLY

#1  Postby Akaiyou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 am

I just had to make this thread after years of using army builder since 2005...it has finally happened.

Second detachment was finally added in to the options.

And also almost more importantly the text output doenst include all the extra crap making it much easier to get a text summary of the army list to post up online without having to spend 5 minutes cleaning it up to look presentable. You just saved me HOURS of my life i cant thank you enough...i hope it stays this way. I was using the tyranid army building files to get the text summary i hope its permanent and not a glitch or something...

Now all i need is for an 'inventory' option and for vehicles to not give a 'transport capacity error' when you group them up together with other units riding vehicles like in the case of the eldar wave serpent and such. It only hapens with certain armies and its kind fo annoying when you simply want to make the list look neater pulling all troops under 1 bracket or whatever other selection u want to be on same bracket.

And then all my AB wishes shalt have been granted.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Re: THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! FINALLY

#2  Postby Homer_S » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:38 am

When you group items together, AB thinks you want them in the same unit. That is why transports error. Question: why do you want AB to group units together by FOC? It's not like they get deployed that way, other than IG and Combined Squad.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Akaiyou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 am

I like to organize my army lists in the same way that i would write them specially for the print out.

I'd like it to look like this

HQ:
1 marine captain

Elite:
1 unit of sternguard
1 unit of sternguard

Troops:
1 tactical squad w/rhino
1 tactical squad w/rhino
1 tactical squad w/rhino
1 tactical squad w/rhino

heavy support:
1 land raider

instead of looking like this....:
HQ:
1 marine captain
Elite:
1 unit of sternguard
Elite:
1 unit of sternguard
Troops:
1 tactical squad w/rhino
Troops:
1 tactical squad w/rhino
Troops:
1 tactical squad w/rhino
Troops:
1 tactical squad w/rhino
heavy support:
1 land raider

See how much neater the first version looks? Easy to follow. I believe most people organize their lists in that manner as well.

It's not about how they are deployed in-game, it's all about list presentation. The word troops doesnt need to show up 6 times in my list etc

and im so thankful that default options are no longer showing up on the text summary. It was so time consuming having to delete all that stuff, I only need the options taken to show up any default/standard wargear the unit always carries on them doesn't need to be displayed or at least should be optional.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#4  Postby Homer_S » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

So you are working off the text roster output and clicking Tournament Summary?

I think I did what you want without editing the text summary:

- Turn off Display Squad Names (Settings -> Roster Construction Settings -> Display Squad Names, remove the check)
- Make sure your units are sorted by FOC (have to drag and drop with the arrows like (<<) if you didn't create them that way)
- Under roster options turn on Formatting -> Competition Output
- Rename the first HQ/Troop/Heavy... with HQ: Avatar and Troops: Guardians

When you look at the list via Text/Roster Summary you get the units with only purchased options and a single instance of each FOC on the first unit.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby JMichael » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Just wanted to add to the OP title.
Thank you ab40k team for being so great and on top of it!
Having the 6th edition files updated and fixed so regularly is utterly fantastic! I am impressed with your work.
JMichael
Maintainer
Maintainer

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions