Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Tau question

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Tau question

#1  Postby GrimJack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 pm

ok was browsing the bug reports and came across an interesting interpretation

the FAQ lists the pg 28 Target Lock (Battlesuit Armory) as "this piece of wargear no longer has any effect"
in the report this comment was made
The FAQ specifically applies to the Target Lock available to infantry and battlesuits. The vehicle mounted version is not effected, but is still shown as having no effect in 6th ed.

now....the codex does list Target Lock under the Vehicle upgrades (pg 31) and there is no entry in the FAQ over it

now.....does Target lock still work for vehicles?

(I dont play Tau....gf does....but shes gonna ask for sure)
GrimJack
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Tau question

#2  Postby shaggai » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes, the infantry version is like the goggles (they do nothing).

The, vehicle version STILL works as normal.

EDIT: When there is enough time to fully go through the files, this will be made more apparent in that if you go to the vehicle verison it will still have in its nominal modes of operation while the infantry/wargear verison will say it no longer does anything.

Note that since the FAQ entry doesn't say to remove or delete this item - this is the reason why I don't delete or remove it. Would it be simpler - yes, but if you know it doesn't do anything when on an infantry model, why would you want to take it...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tau question

#3  Postby Jazkal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:44 pm

And with the newest FAQ update, the Target Lock for infantry and Crisis Suits are now back in 6th edition.
Jazkal
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions