Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

5th Edition Grey Knights

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

5th Edition Grey Knights

#1  Postby epciwargamer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:37 pm

*** well.

Thanks,

EWG
Last edited by epciwargamer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epciwargamer
Recruit
Recruit

Re: 5th Edition Grey Knights

#2  Postby Homer_S » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:54 pm

The leaked codex is GW's IP and they get very cranky about people and its violation. Please do not post or offer such things. Remember, either 2 or 9 April release means either 3 or 10 May as the end of a 30-day blackout. That's like 2 1/2 months!

That assumes of course that the leaked version is the final copy. It is completely possible that there were three such versions, each with a different mix of units and wargear. Then they can evaluate the playtest results and say OK these units and wargear from versions 1, 2 and 3 make it in and these are out. You never know.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Oldskool454 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Since the codex is released now, is there any word on when it will be added to the 40K files? A possible ETA?
Oldskool454
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Oldskool454 wrote:Since the codex is released now, is there any word on when it will be added to the 40K files? A possible ETA?

Three steps to solve your problem.

#1 Go Here.
#2 Read the sentence in bold.
#3 Be patient.
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby Oldskool454 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Ya, I just read the other post stickied at the top, sorry, I will wait patiently.
Oldskool454
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Homer_S » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 pm

FYI,

Forgeworld has updated some Inquisition units.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby shaggai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Homer_S wrote:FYI,

Forgeworld has updated some Inquisition units.

Homer

Deimos-Lux - is this pseduo-latin for "Light of Terror" or "Terror Light"?
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Thunderbolt » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 am

just out of curiosity which maintainer or maintainers is taking up the monumental task of the grey knights codex ?
Thunderbolt
Recruit
Recruit

#9  Postby Homer_S » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 am

If it wears Power Armour, Shaggai is the king! Bug testing is a group affair, led by Fyrebyrd and Mr Rose.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10  Postby mrsako » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 pm

A Deimos-Lux pattern is actually very redundant. Most of the listed units can upgrade an assault cannon with psybolt ammunition and you have the equivalent of a psycannon. Without using Forge World rules so you can use it in tournaments. And for less points, too. :-P
mrsako
Recruit
Recruit

#11  Postby Spack » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:41 am

It's not entirely redundant - the psybolt upgrade will upgrade all weapons on the vehicle so a Crusader will have S5 hurricane bolters and will no longer have any defensive weapons, making it less lethal overall when moving. The FW option might cost more points, but it retains the S4 hurricane bolters so it can still put out full firepower on the move.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12  Postby Phil73805 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 am

Hi all, I've waited patiently and have regularly loaded AB and downloaded any updates available. It's now almost two months since the codex release, is there any eta for the Grey Knight AB update? I've been using word to write army lists but it's really not the same as you can probably imagine.
Phil73805
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby Spack » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:09 pm

It's been in the Downloads section here on the site for two releases (4th May, and 17th May). If you look at the stickied posts in the forum index, or the site home page, you'll see the note about it. You can download it here: http://www.ab40k.org/filebase.php?d=1&id=63&c_old=4&what=c&page=1

Just make sure you install it into a different folder than your existing AB40k5 files if you need to use any Marine lists, as the Marine files are in the middle of a major overhaul and don't work properly in this release - this is why it has not yet been released to the AB automatic updates system yet.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14  Postby Homer_S » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Phil73805 wrote:Hi all, I've waited patiently and have regularly loaded AB and downloaded any updates available. It's now almost two months since the codex release, is there any eta for the Grey Knight AB update? I've been using word to write army lists but it's really not the same as you can probably imagine.

I'm sorry. Did you read the front page??? The update was available about four weeks ago (4 May) and has had a patch in the mean time. What is not working is the complete redesign of Space Marines. That is why the file has not been released to the main update server. It is available in the alternate server as discussed here.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15  Postby Phil73805 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Homer_S wrote:I'm sorry. Did you read the front page???

Apparently not!!!

And with that out of the way, I must confess to a certain naivety regarding this software. I assumed when I bought it that it was relatively hassle free, this has since proved not to be the case. Buying the software is basically paying for a empty form which must be filled by a group who can earn no money from their work. I was not aware of this when I bought AB.

I will try to figure out how to install this new file without screwing everything up. I don't want to be writing programs and figuring stuff out, I want to download updates directly in the software and then use it.

I just took a look at the front page and saw the post you're referring to. I was looking for a grey knight update rather than a full ab40 file and so didn't notice it. I don't want to be hanging around these forums downloading beta versions the installation of which may force me to reinstall AB. Again.

I just want a product that works. I know, crazy talk.

p.s. I figured out how to upload the file but have discovered a bug, when selecting a Purifier squad and clicking the psycannon upgrade it automatically gives psycannons to the whole squad.
Phil73805
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions