Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Apocalypse and Space Marine allies

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Apocalypse and Space Marine allies

#1  Postby Cheexsta » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 am

Is there a way to choose units from a specific Space Marine chapter to a non-SM Apocalypse roster?

I can only choose regular Space Marine units as my allies, but I can't choose units from specific chapters (Blood Angels, Space Wolves, etc). Have I missed something?
Cheexsta
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Apocalypse and Space Marine allies

#2  Postby Spack » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:46 am

No, this is not possible - the roster options only apply to the current "parent" army, and so you can set options on the Space Marine allies to choose a specific chapter. This would like require a complete rewrite of the Space Marines file to split all the chapters up into separate files.

For now you will have to create separate lists - one for your "parent" army, and one for the Space Marine chapter you want to use.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby UltraPrime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm

But if you want a specific Space Marine chapter with a non-Space Marine army, you can choose the Marines as your parent army, and then the non-Marines as allies. Or am I missing something important?
UltraPrime
Cultist
Cultist

#4  Postby Cheexsta » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, Spack. I suspected that might be the case.

You could do that, UltraPrime - but I just want two units (for the moment) from the Blood Angels in my army, so I don't really want my whole list to be green ;) I'll just stick with making them with generic units for the moment, that works well enough.
Cheexsta
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Cheexsta » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:55 am

Hi all, just a minor update on this issue in case anyone else was wondering. Not likely, I know, but just in case ;)

I've found another workaround. Create a list using the Marine sub-files you want and add the unit(s) you wanted as allies. Right-click the unit, click "Save Unit" and just save it wherever is easy for you to find. Open your Apocalypse list, click the "Unit" menu, select "Load Unit/Item/Squad" and find your saved unit.

Voila :)
Cheexsta
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby shaggai » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 am

This is currently in the works, which is the reason why the Space Marines are currently in shambles and why it is taking an inordinate amount of time to put them back together in a working fashion...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions