Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Pysker Power Listings

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Pysker Power Listings

#1  Postby Rajja29 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I would like the printout to print all the psykic powers available for the specified psyker on the output so I could tailor my list dpeneding on my opponent. Having to choose when making a list sometime does not work because you would take different powers depending on the army you fight.
Rajja29

Re: Pysker Power Listings

#2  Postby Spack » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:24 am

It's done this way to help prevent a new player from thinking they have access to all the powers simply because it says so on the printout. You could simply output the roster to HTML and add the extra powers before printing it ...
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pysker Power Listings

#3  Postby Fyrebyrd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:44 pm

In concurrence to what Spack has stated, the AB40k files are designed to be as strictly 'legal' as possible. So when a psyker is required to make a choice of what powers it will have, this is dealt with in AB to keep your list as legal as possible. The idea is to have completely finished battle ready list, with nothing left to do before you deploy your army.

If you want to tailor to your opponent, the simplest solution is to create multiple lists and bring them all along. (If I were to tailor for an opponent the psychic powers would not be my only change ;) )

On a side note, if you are planning for a tournament:
Be aware that some tournament organizers will not let you modify your list(including which psychic powers you have) in between games. I have seen this technique attempted/argued in a tourney before and the guy got ejected from the tourney for cheating 8O.
So a word from the wise, save yourself the problem and check with your tourney organizer before you open a can of worms too! :)
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions