Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

NEW Blood Angels?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

NEW Blood Angels?

#1  Postby MuGGzy » Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 am

I Just bought a copy of AB3.2 only to discover that the new blood angels rules do not seem to be in there.

I have searched here and see no reference to anything about BA more recent than the discussion of the older WD "codex".

Any news on if and when we will see new BA datafiles?
MuGGzy
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby Arschbombe » Tue May 04, 2010 4:23 am

They wait a month from codex release before they release the file updates. The new files should be out in a few days. Nid codex came out on 16 January and the new files came out on the 17th of Feb as I recall.
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Pavonis » Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 am

They have a 1 month embargo on the files so can never release a new codex prior to that. After that, it is released when they have it ready. The good news is that FyreByrd mentioned that they should have the files ready late in the evening (US Eastern). Not positive where to download it, but I seem to recall for the first week you would need to go to the downloads section because it won't be an 'auto' update within AB until then.
Also remember to go in to the Unit Composition menu and switch to Blood Angels.
Hope that helps,
-Pav
Pavonis
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Spack » Tue May 04, 2010 8:02 am

And for future reference, the site rules are linked from the home page and are located here: modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=850

Take note of the bold text that states "New files will not and never will be released less than one month after the codex/rule book has been put on sale. This is the latest release date, not an army deal or pre-order"

Also note it's not less than one month - this does not mean it will be exactly one month after. It might be, or it might be 6 months, or a year - it's whenever the files are deemed ready :P

As to the Blood Angels, check back on the site soon - very soon ;)
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue May 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Pavonis wrote:...The good news is that FyreByrd mentioned that they should have the files ready late in the evening (US Eastern)

Thanks for the plug Pav! I may have jumped the gun on the exacts for the release.:oops:
However, The new update is ready and will be a available really soon. :lol:
Pavonis wrote:...Not positive where to download it, but I seem to recall for the first week you would need to go to the downloads section because it won't be an 'auto' update within AB until then.

:!: This release is a bit unique as this will go straight into the 'auto' update feature in AB. So it will be available on our site and thru AB immediately.
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby MuGGzy » Tue May 04, 2010 4:03 pm

thanks for the responses guys, sorry for not reading the post about the delay. I am a noob and just got excited after actually *gasp* PAYING for AB and finding out I couldn't use it immed. I will now wait patiently. Thanks for all the hard, and thankless work!
MuGGzy
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Spack » Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

MuGGzy wrote:thanks for the responses guys, sorry for not reading the post about the delay. I am a noob and just got excited after actually *gasp* PAYING for AB and finding out I couldn't use it immed. I will now wait patiently. Thanks for all the hard, and thankless work!

Don't forget - you paid for Army Builder, but that's it. The 40k files are a community project, just as most of the other files available for Army Builder are, and are not part of the Army Builder license fee. You could fire up ABCreator and create your own files, that's what you paid for ;)
Dan
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Katie_Drake » Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm

You're killing me, guys. I'm eagerly awaiting the awesomeness that will be the updated 40K Datafile. I have lists to make for 'Ard Boyz, then the 1,750 point tournament in June, then for casual games, then...
Katie_Drake
Recruit
Recruit

#9  Postby Spack » Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm

/me adds Katie_Drake to banned list for the downloads section

:twisted:
Dan
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10  Postby jlong05 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Spack wrote:/me adds Katie_Drake to banned list for the downloads section

lol. thats cold.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#11  Postby GrimJack » Tue May 04, 2010 10:55 pm

you are an evil man that will come to no good end.....

are you sure we arent twins? :twisted: :twisted:
GrimJack
Recruit
Recruit

#12  Postby Katie_Drake » Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 pm

:sad:

I'm a good person, honest. I just haven't been this excited since I got my hands on the Blood Angel Codex. It can't be good for my heart!

In all seriousness though, take your time. What you guys do is amazing.
Katie_Drake
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby dbgoldberg323 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:39 am

I started Blood Angels back in 1996, as second edition was phasing out. It's been a long, hard road of super-powerful Death Company listed in a "joint codex", the "Rhino Rush" created by the pamphlet codex, and the stupid free PDF codex put out a few years back. It's about time we got our own book with a spine on it.

The codex is well thought out and well balanced, and I'm excited to be using Army Builder once again for the army that brought me into the hobby in the first place.

Anxiously awaiting the Datafile,

-Dave
dbgoldberg323
Recruit
Recruit

#14  Postby shaggai » Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 am

OK, you can read the new story/shout on the home page here and then immediately procede to the downloads section OR use the automatic update function within AB to download the latest general release...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15  Postby Mr_Q » Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks all - your work is appreciated! :)

Where can I report bugs?
Mr_Q
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions