Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

New user: Can't get options for Space Marines Tactical Squad

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

New user: Can't get options for Space Marines Tactical Squad

#1  Postby JimS » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 am

I am a new user to Army Builder, and when doing my first roster, I tried to change the options for my Space Marines Tactical Squad, but it would not allow to change from the default bolt pistol/CCW.
Also, it seems to default to using frag/krak grenades even if you don't want them.

Is there any way to access these options to change them? I want to add some heavy weapons to my Tactical Squad and use bolters as a default for the other troops.

Thanks!

JimS
JimS
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby shaggai » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:49 am

1) On the weaponry, you MUST have 10 models in the squad to have the choice of special/heavy weapon. Increase the number of models in the squad using the "+" button to 9 and you will see the options (note that the sarge is the 10th model).

2) You get Frag and Krak grenades (and of course power armour) whether you like it or not. Not my choice, that's what the codex gives you.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New user: Can't get options for Space Marines Tactical S

#3  Postby Spack » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:40 am

JimS wrote:I am a new user to Army Builder, and when doing my first roster, I tried to change the options for my Space Marines Tactical Squad, but it would not allow to change from the default bolt pistol/CCW.

What roster options do you have enabled? Which chapter are you using? A Space Marine Tactical Squad does not have bolt pistol/ccw - they have bolters and bolt pistols.

JimS wrote:Also, it seems to default to using frag/krak grenades even if you don't want them.

Is there any way to access these options to change them? I want to add some heavy weapons to my Tactical Squad and use bolters as a default for the other troops.

As shaggai has already pointed out, the grenades cannot be removed because they are basic wargear, and you can only put a single heavy weapon in a tactical squad if you have 10 models in the squad - press the + button at the upper right of the roster view when you have the Tactical Squad selected to increase the number of marines and then the heavy weapon options will appear in the Unit Options pane at the right hand side.

Are you using the 1.06c files (the current ones), or an older versions?
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby JimS » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Using the general codex for Space Marines. Version is 1.06.

Another question: How can I pick Hellfire rounds as an option for my squads? Is it same as the heavy weapon, you have to have a certain number of troops in a unit to allow that option?

Thanks!

JimS
JimS
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby JimS » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Sorry, I think I just answered my own question: I assume SternGuard Veterans can only use the special ammunition, per the Codex.

Thanks for the other advice. Think I should be ok. Old 4th edition player getting used to the new rules (and new army, did Orks in the past).

JimS
JimS
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions