Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Group Symbol?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Group Symbol?

#1  Postby Strava » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 pm

This is a very small detail thing, but I thought I'd ask.

Some units show just the symbol for the group
while others show the letters "Grp:" plus the symbol.

Is there a purpose for this or could it be cleaned up so they all just have the symbol?
Strava
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby shaggai » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 pm

For the most part, anything which has been defined as a unit within the 40K files (meaning that they have a typical model profile of WS, BS, S, T, etc.) only will show the symbol and the statline. Anything which is not considered a unit for AB40K purposes (dreadnoughts, vehicles, formations, container units, etc) will show that GRP: as they are units within the game but do not share the same statline as units described according to the above criteria.

Yes, I find it annoying too, but I honestly haven't looked into it in depth to check if there was a way to change it...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby shaggai » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:38 am

Just an update - it looks like in order for the statset of a vehicle (or cc vehicle in the case of dreadnoughts and other walkers) to be shown on the roster selection that GRP must be present. If it were not shown that way, the default statline would be filled out with as much information that mirrors the profile (WS, BS, etc.) but without any other modification. That would mean that if only the heavy support symbol was seen in a Land Raider profile, the only stat that would be seen is the BS (and not the armor ratings).
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Strava » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:05 am

OK, makes sense for walkers/vehicles/anything with armor.

But, look at the SW HQ list. They are all Unit Type = Infantry.
Yet some of them have the "Grp:" and some do not.

It seems that only those that have a choice of Power Armour v.s. Terminator Armour have the "Grp:".

Also, make a short roster with just a regular Wolf Lord and Ragnar.
Then look at the print preview.
The format for their entries is different. Tho I don't see why it needs to be.

Ditto under Elites for Wolf Guard v.s. Scouts.
I guess it's needed for the Wolf Guard since each of them could have a different stat line.
Strava
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby shaggai » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm

OK, I have made a small modification in that the "container" units - that is, an entry which has other unit entires within it (e.g., Wolf Lord, Wolf Priest, etc.) will be changed so that the GRP no longer will show on those units. The vehicle units (as well a Bjorn) will stay the same as they are now...
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions