Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

What defines allies in 40K?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

What defines allies in 40K?

#1  Postby shaggai » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:44 am

Planning on doing an overhaul of the ally system as with the deletion and additions of older rulesets, some of these have got royally fudged up.

The question/comment/observation is: apart from the races which have it clealy definded in their rules (DH, WH, and Krooties) - should allies exist for anyone outside of the Apocalypse ruleset? I've checked the rulebook and the recent codicies (SM, IG) and even the ones you would think should be allied to each other (CSM, CD) - nothing is spelled out as defining allies apart from Apocalypse.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What defines allies in 40K?

#2  Postby Homer_S » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 am

shaggai wrote:Planning on doing an overhaul of the ally system as with the deletion and additions of older rulesets, some of these have got royally fudged up.

The question/comment/observation is: apart from the races which have it clealy definded in their rules (DH, WH, and Krooties) - should allies exist for anyone outside of the Apocalypse ruleset? I've checked the rulebook and the recent codicies (SM, IG) and even the ones you would think should be allied to each other (CSM, CD) - nothing is spelled out as defining allies apart from Apocalypse.

It seems to me that we are taking the approach if it isn't in current rules, it's out. So that means Allies outside of Apoc are DH/WH based only: either SM of any flavor or IG parent list with subset of DH/WH, or DH/WH parent list with the few units specified in their codex or modified by the Ard Boyz rules. Apoc as noted in the Apoc/Reload books.

My 2 Cents,
Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Spack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am

Have to agree with Homer - the only allies rules are in the DH/WH codexes, the Kroot Merc list, the Deathwatch rules, and Apocalypse. The DH/WH restrictions should only apply when using the Inducted IG/Allied Space Marines selection, and when Apoc is turned on those restrictions should be ignored.

I'm assuming that there's some issue with the allies rules causing the IG selection when picking them as Apoc allies only showing a few of the old 3rd ed units (Command Platoon, Hardened Vets, AF squad, Sentinel Squadron, Basilisk, Leman Russ, Demolisher) + the Apoc datasheets and strategems, rather than all the 5th ed IG codex units.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions