Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Deathwing and the Deathknell

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Deathwing and the Deathknell

#1  Postby GrooTheWanderer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi again folks

Another (Hopefully not pointlessly stupid) question. When playing an apocalypse game I used a deathknell formation with my Deathwing. I noticed that the formation used the updated C:SM data for wargear such as cyclones and SS/TH's. As a loyal DW player, I was torn as to which stats to use.... of course I'd love the new stats, but that would not be "honest"...

So is there a way to use the formation with the DW's normal stats?

Cheers
15500 pts of Dark Angels and counting... :)
GrooTheWanderer
Conscript
Conscript

#2  Postby Spack » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:37 pm

The Deathknell formation is a for a "vanilla" force, it does not state that you can use Deathwing squads. The Deathwing formation in Apocalypse Reload on page 21, "Deathwing Redemption Force". The files are written to reflect what is actually printed in the formations, not what some players might want to believe is allowed.

Using Deathwing models with this formation should however not be an issue - but you will have to use them using the "vanilla" Space Marine rules.

If you want a Deathwing version of the Deathknell formation then you will have to write it yourself using ABCreator.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby shaggai » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:46 am

The Dark Angels version of the Deathknell formation will be in the next genral release...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby GrooTheWanderer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 pm

shaggai wrote:The Dark Angels version of the Deathknell formation will be in the next genral release...

Excellent news! Thanks! I would try doing it myself, but can't get the authoring kit to work... save that for another day :)

Cheers
15500 pts of Dark Angels and counting... :)
GrooTheWanderer
Conscript
Conscript

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions