Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

A few suggestions

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

A few suggestions

#1  Postby Trekari » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:38 am

I love AB40k!

I did however register to post two suggestions that I've discovered while printing out my DA lists.

1) Please don't list the Terminator armor description under both the Terminators themselves and their Sergeants. It makes the army list longer than it needs to be and honestly, I find it distracting when trying to skim through the unit options.

2) Is there a reason why only the Hurricane Bolters are listed under the "weapons" tab for LRCs, and the Multi-Melta and TL-Assault Cannons are in the Wargear tab?

Thanks for all the work you guys put into the data files!
Trekari
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby shaggai » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:34 am

Item one has been considered and has been granted. Note that this is in regards to the hard copy only, it will still be visible on the screen. (It does get a little excessive with 5E marines...).

Item two should not occur, make sure that you have updated to the 1.00 general release as it could have been fixed there, otherwise it will be fixed in a future general release.

PS. Both of these could have gone under the bug tracker...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Trekari » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks for item 1.

With regards to item 2..here is what I've done:

Downloaded 40k5v1p00b.ab file

Imported this file.

Then applied the FoI patch by importing that file - did not delete files that were unchanged.

The LRC still only has the Hurricane Bolters listed as weapons, while the AC and MM are still in wargear. I hope this means that I've done my end correctly and it's just a bug.

Although I do want to mention that in the DA Codex, it lists the Hurricane Bolters as Wargear. I think that's idiotic, and I hope you guys put all the weapons together, but the Codex itself doesn't actually list them in the weapons area. :/
Trekari
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions