Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Baliel's squad options

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Baliel's squad options

#1  Postby GrooTheWanderer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi there

When you purchase Baliels squad (with the standard barer and apothicary), I have always assumed that it was his command squad. But you cannot purchase a transport option like you can with standard command squads.

Is there a reason for this or do I have to use a hvy support slot to get a prometheus for the squad.

Cheers
15500 pts of Dark Angels and counting... :)
GrooTheWanderer
Conscript
Conscript

#2  Postby jlong05 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:21 pm

What is the rule listed in your codex? Are you asking us if you can do something, or are you stating you have found a bug in the datafiles? If you have found a bug please post it in the bug tracker.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby Fyrebyrd » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:51 pm

IIRC, I think that Deathwing Squads are not an option listed for the Land Raider Prometheus.
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby shaggai » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 pm

The squad that you can select in the Belial's tabs is sort of a fudge to get the proper options that only his squad can take (in terms of AB programming). In actuality, it should be treated as just anoher Deathwing Terminator Squad - and I might have to work on getting that correct since I'm not sure if his DW squad adds to the Elites counts like it should. There's nothing that says it's a retinue or command squad.

That slowly leads into the answer in that DW Squads do not get transports at all. Also, in terms of the Prometheus - because his DW squad is really just another DW squad it cannot get the LRP as it is an option for command squads (under IA rules, of course).
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Fyrebyrd » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 am

Exactly what I figured. :)
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clear as mud....

#6  Postby GrooTheWanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:41 pm

shaggai wrote:The squad that you can select in the Belial's tabs is sort of a fudge to get the proper options that only his squad can take (in terms of AB programming). In actuality, it should be treated as just anoher Deathwing Terminator Squad - and I might have to work on getting that correct since I'm not sure if his DW squad adds to the Elites counts like it should. There's nothing that says it's a retinue or command squad.

That slowly leads into the answer in that DW Squads do not get transports at all. Also, in terms of the Prometheus - because his DW squad is really just another DW squad it cannot get the LRP as it is an option for command squads (under IA rules, of course).

Hi guys

Thanks for the info, I've got a prometheus and just think its silly that it can't "legally" be used... thanks anyways :)

Cheers
15500 pts of Dark Angels and counting... :)
GrooTheWanderer
Conscript
Conscript

#7  Postby Fyrebyrd » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:10 am

shaggai wrote:I'm not sure if his DW squad adds to the Elites counts like it should.
Good news shaggai, it is properly counting as the elites choice as it should! :thumleft:
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby shaggai » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:24 am

I thought I did it properly since that squad is bought "separate" which is the reason why you sort of have to do the confirmation when adding it.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions