Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Medusa V Finals.

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Medusa V Finals.

#1  Postby jlong05 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:23 am

Just curious if anyone here was planning to attend the finals for the Medusa V campaign. I heard there was a big game in Nottingham the end of the month with maybe even some special units for the campaign. Just curious if anyone got this information as I woudl be interested in it for a friendly gaming group aspect.

Let me know. I believe it was specific for the endgame and had a not as unofficial for regular gameplay. If you happen to be privy to this information, please PM me. I am unsure if there are any copywrite that may be involved, but if not and you got the information, I would love to get a copy. 8)
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#2  Postby jlong05 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:36 pm

Nevermind. I have found a published copy online. Looking it over it doesn't appear to be copywrited(other than the GW terms for armies). In anycase I have found the unit I was searching for. Thanks to anyone that tried looking for me.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby Chunky_Baby » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:47 am

Come on Jlong - you can't leave it like that.

Is it a Necron unit?

Tell me, tell me!!!

I am playing the metal beggars tomorrow, so knowing some other special unit of doom was on it's way would just crush everone's collective will at my gaming group anyway...

Incidentally - as it's a Medusa V thread - what's people's armies and records?

Mine have not all been put up yet, but I'll be 5-1-2 (Win, Draw Loss) with World Eaters against Black Templars.

Name's Scyrak the Slaughterer.
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#4  Postby harkan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 am

having actually got a life back again now I've been able to get some games in on this, have got to put mine on as well however they stand as:

3 - 1 - 0 (W D L)

using Iron warriors army based on the Storm of Iron book (so only one obliterator and a bassie plus defiler n havocs n dread for HS)

happy enough with that :)
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby jlong05 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:29 pm

Hmmm My Medusa V record bites. But I think its mainly due to the league I played in . Escalation from Combat Patrol to 2000 pts. I pretty much got beat around hard the first 4 weeks then started winning onc ethe points hit the 1250 - 1500 range.

(4 - 0 - 4) (Win - Draw - Loss)

Not too bad, but not too good either. I need more practice playing under the 4e rules.

As for the new units they were (I believe they were for the Aug 19/20 endgame):

Space Marines: (Nothing)
Imperial Guard: 0-1 Deathwatch Kill Team
Chaos & Lost and the Damned: Loxatl brood
Tau: 0-1 Earth Caste Research Team
Orcs: (Nothing)
Dark Eldar, Eldar, and Craftworld(?); 0-1 Harlequin Mime Troopes
Tyranid: The Red Terror & Death Leapers
Necrons: Radical Adeptus Mechcanius Tech Priest(W/ Servitors)

I wanted them as in a friendly game I fully plan to allow and use them. Just the ability to field the Tech Priest woudl be cool to me. Something just a little different for my opponents to have to plan for.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#6  Postby Wraithlord » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:34 am

They had hardly any hype on Medusa here at all. I wasn't even sure when it was.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#8  Postby Col_Stone » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:12 pm

Warmonger wrote:Mine is a completely solid 0 wins, 0 ties and 0 losses, stemming from an obvious count of 0 games played. :cry:

same here, mostly due to me being terribly upset about the general crappyness of the rules for awhile..:(

and a lot of painting and building old west stuff
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#9  Postby Wraithlord » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:46 pm

Being unaware as to when the damn event was around here, you can guess my record.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#11  Postby Chunky_Baby » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:42 am

Tell me about the Radical Adeptus Mechcanius Tech Priest(W/ Servitors) - is it played as sort of a Necron Wannabe?

Is it worth taking?

I can't believe you guys, you all sound so upset about the game at the moment... what's up?

Warmonger and Col Stone I guess mainly...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#12  Postby jlong05 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:16 am

OK, I went through the pdf and cannot find anything that would make posting these rules illegal in any way. So here it is:

Radical Adeptus Mechcanius Tech Priest

The wonder and lure of the necrontyr are sometimes simply too much for some agents of the Adeptus Mechcanius. Lured by the purity of the Necrons, they become obsessed with the xenos technology.

To those ready to embrace the C’tan as gods, the rewards in technology are great indeed. However to their former colleagues, these are the ultimate traitors against the Machine God of Mars.

Code: Select all
                 Points  WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  Ld  Sv
Tech Priest      70      4   4   3  3  3  4  3  9   3+
Gun Servitor     10+gun  3   4   3  3  1  3  1  8   4+
Combat Servitor  25      4   3   3  3  1  3  1  8   4+

Elites: A Radical Tech Priest is an Elites choice for a Necron army.

Squad: The explorer team consists of one Radical Tech Priest and up to 4 servitors.

Weapons: Radical Tech Priest is armed with a laspistol, power weapon, and a servo-arm.

Gun servitors may be equipped with one of the following: multi-melta at 25pts; heavy bolter at 15pts, or gauss cannon at 25pts.

Combat servitors are equipped with a power fist and a close combat weapon.

Options: A Radical Tech Priest may purchase one of the following Necron wargear items at the appropriate points cost: Disruption Field, Gaze of Flame, Lightning Field, or Phase Shifter.

Character: If on his own, a Tech Priest is an independent character. If accompanied by servitors, he must remain in unit coherency with them and command them. If the servitors are wiped out, the tech priest becomes an independent character.

Special Rules

Traitor to the Machine God: Any Imperial Tech Priests(Enginseers or Tech Marines) gain the Preferred Enemy universal special rule when fighting a Radical Tech Priest or attendant servitors in an assault.

Born of Flesh: The Radical Tech Priest and any servitors do not count as Necrons for phase out.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#13  Postby jlong05 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:29 am

Now that I have posted the rules for everyone, I guess we can all make a collective decision. Personally, I think its just too cool an idea and plan to make a unit of this for my friendly games. I tend to try to stay as close to letter of the rule books as possible, but I think this is a well thought out and correctly balanced unit. They are not Necron, Get some wargear that normal troops don't and I can field my servitors with Cannons at less cost then Destroyers (35 ea). However, that gets balanced with the additional Priest cost and the fact they aren't as mobile.

Overall, I say yes its worth fielding from time to time. Especially when you want to throw your opponent a curve ball to deal with. ;)
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#14  Postby jlong05 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:36 am

On the Medusa Campaign note, I saw a couple of posts on the GW forums indicating a new Lord upgrade also. Wraithbody. Same cost as the Destroyer body, No T bonus, but gains wraithflight and the Invulnerable save. I haven't been able to confirm this with a pdf yet. If anyone is aware of these released campaign rules and could share them, it would be great.

This upgrade to me seems too cheap. The T bonus is a loss for the upgrade, but the movement and the save are harsh, Although if the save was converted to an invulnerable with no Armor, that would at least give a bit of balancing.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#15  Postby Wraithlord » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:20 am

I would have no problems seeing these added as a non-core option. Does it say that you need the opponents permission to use them?
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Next

Return to Gaming Room