Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Need help with a themed army.

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Need help with a themed army.

#1  Postby imdabigkahuna » Fri May 02, 2008 9:04 pm

I planning on doing an Imperial Stormtrooper army. I'm planning on converting some mini's for Darth Vader, the Emperor with body guard. My main part of the army will be the Stormtroopers.
:twisted:
I'm just trying to figure out which codex would fit them the best :?: This is where I'm stuck. So far I'm thinking of the Daemonhunters codex, but I don't know. So I'm just looking for some feed back.
imdabigkahuna
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Need help with a themed army.

#2  Postby jlong05 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 pm

imdabigkahuna wrote:I planning on doing an Imperial Stormtrooper army. I'm planning on converting some mini's for Darth Vader, the Emperor with body guard. My main part of the army will be the Stormtroopers.
:twisted:
I'm just trying to figure out which codex would fit them the best :?: This is where I'm stuck. So far I'm thinking of the Daemonhunters codex, but I don't know. So I'm just looking for some feed back.

DH would probably be best. Also would fit the basic troops nicely. Stormtroopers are the base troop choice. I would also recommend trying to get ahold of the 3rd ed IG stromtroopers. The Kasrkin are nice, but the previous version actually looked very Imperial Stormtooperish. My buddy did up a few that look like that.

Good luck!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby Ghaz » Sat May 03, 2008 5:00 am

Moving to proper forum.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through, for good or ill.
Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are drawn."

-The Tactica Imperium-
Ghaz
Maintainer
Maintainer

#4  Postby imdabigkahuna » Sun May 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if anyone I know that plays 40K even has a 3rd ed I.G. codex so I can check it out.
imdabigkahuna
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby jlong05 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:09 am

imdabigkahuna wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if anyone I know that plays 40K even has a 3rd ed I.G. codex so I can check it out.

I was referring to the 3rd Ed OOP models. Not the actual rules. I would use the DH rules exclusivly as they already use Stormtroopers as their troop choice option.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#6  Postby imdabigkahuna » Mon May 05, 2008 4:49 am

I was planning on using the actual stormtrooper heads from Star Wars, either puting them on SM bodies or GK bodies. I haven't found a Vader's head and Royal guards heads that are small enough to fit. I was planning on using a robed head from the DA for Palpatine. I will also look into those 3rd Ed mini's.
imdabigkahuna
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby jlong05 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Depending on your GS skills you can always mold the helmet differences. But if you can find valid sized head swaps that is probably the easiest.

In the event your do find valid scale head swaps for stormtroopers, please let me know where/what you used with pics. I may be interested myself for a fun conversion of a unit.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#8  Postby imdabigkahuna » Mon May 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Honestly my gs skills suck real bad. I got a hook up for models that are valid head swaps, at least they looked like they were. I take some pics and post them. I don't know what they came from so I'll have to ask.
imdabigkahuna
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Gaming Room