Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Conflict Windsor

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Conflict Windsor

#1  Postby Wraithlord » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:17 am

Well this weekend saw the first Conflict in my hometown and the first one I have personally been to. Have to say it was a lot of fun. One achievement scored by yours truly was that I won the painting contest for best unit. Which means that my Firewarriors will be up on the GW website soon and from what Huckish said, possibly within Canadian White Dwarf as well.

Gamewise I didn't do too badly aside from the first game on both days in which my dice deserted me utterly and completely. For example, in the one game I had a 6 man squad of attack bikes that would have been within charge range of me on the next turn. So I moved up my 2 Devilfish and between the Fish of Fury and the other shooting at the squad I fired with the following:

48 rapid fire shots at S5, Ap5,
6 burst cannon shots at same
8 smart missles at same
2 linked railguns
12 rapid fired plasmaguns at S6, Ap2
12 missle pods at s7, ap4
24 pulse rifles at s5,ap5

Grand total of 112 shots at one single unit of bikes. By rights and at all odds, that squad SHOULD have been wiped out to a man with far less of those shots, especially with the markerlights allowed 48 of those shots to hit on 3's. After the saves were made, I did a grand total of 4 wounds. I have NEVER, EVER, EVER seen that many 1's and 2's rolled consistenly in a turn. Hell, I've never seen that many in an entire game before. Killer thing is that the rest of the entire game followed that pattern. Worst game of my life. He wiped me out to a man and I killed a grand total of 6 models. Gotta hand it to the guy though, he actually suggested at one point that I reroll a few dice throws, simply so we could have a decent game of it. I didn't but I will admit to being sorely tempted.

The first game of the Conflict, while not quite as bad, was pretty d**n close. Other than that I had 2 Crushing Victories and a Minor Loss. I also picked up sprues for 40 (I think) Hormaguants for my son Cody, 3 special character models to paint (for winning best unit) and got myself one of those incredibly sweet carry cases that are only available at the large tournaments.

As for Cody, he built a sweet skimmer for Mad Grox racing, ended up winning and got to pick a blister, which ended up being for me as he grabbed 2 Steel Legion guardsmen with a lascannon. He also played from 7-12 for Late Night Gaming and had a decent enough hand to win sprues for 4-6 Tyranid Warriors and had an absolute ball doing it. Not too shabby for an 11 year old

All in all, well worth the coin and I will certainly be doing it again.

/The Wraithlord reaches for the paints muttering about making d**n sure he wins best presentation next year....
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#2  Postby Col_Stone » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:24 am

Sounds like you had a blast wraith:)

i have had one of those bad games in every tournament i've been too, the dice just won't work:(

Cool that they have proper prices aswell!
Keep me informed on when the Firewarriors hit the dwarf:)
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#3  Postby Wraithlord » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm

I will. Don't know if you will get to see them though Col as I believe that it will just be the Canadian edition of the mag. Awesome as hell if it hits other though!
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#4  Postby Col_Stone » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:07 pm

hmm yeah that might be a problem..
i wish the US/canadian dwarf was available here, i hear it's better than White advertisement that they sell in europe.. :roll:
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby Wraithlord » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 am

No that is pretty much what we get as well. GW HQ is the source of the control for all WD editions so they pretty much are all big ads now.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#6  Postby Col_Stone » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:34 am

oh..that's not good :sad:
i've stopped buying the dwarf, just not worth it anymore..:(
on the other hand, that saves me money for lead.. wonderful lead :D
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester