Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

how'd you get hhSelect to work?

Have a question about how to do something in the datafiles? Ask it here, we'll help if we can. NOTE: We cannot teach you how to use ABCREATE or how our files work, we don't have the time.

how'd you get hhSelect to work?

#1  Postby dusktiger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 am

hey guys,

i know your busy, but i've spent the better part of an hour and a pot of coffee trying to figure this little problem out, so im resorting to picking your brains on how you got this to work;

i'm trying to copy your method of hiding/revealing the exchange boltgun options in the horus heresy file. i've looked through the live expr code, and the hhHelper tag, and prescript, postscript.....and i cant figure out how you did it!

i know how you got it to let you select to exchange the bolter, and how it unchecks the bolter and checks the hhSelect item, but i cant figure out how it suddenly reveals all the combi-weapons, and furthermore, reds them out to show i have to select one to validate the exchange.

all of my attempts at copying the wargear options and their exclusions and remainders and live expr have been fruitless, and i just end up with the options either always being visible, and having them grey out once i choose exchange bolter, or they never show up at all.

what am i missing here?
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Re: how'd you get hhSelect to work?

#2  Postby Homer_S » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 am

dusktiger wrote:hey guys,

i know your busy, but i've spent the better part of an hour and a pot of coffee trying to figure this little problem out, so im resorting to picking your brains on how you got this to work;

i'm trying to copy your method of hiding/revealing the exchange boltgun options in the horus heresy file. i've looked through the live expr code, and the hhHelper tag, and prescript, postscript.....and i cant figure out how you did it!

i know how you got it to let you select to exchange the bolter, and how it unchecks the bolter and checks the hhSelect item, but i cant figure out how it suddenly reveals all the combi-weapons, and furthermore, reds them out to show i have to select one to validate the exchange.

all of my attempts at copying the wargear options and their exclusions and remainders and live expr have been fruitless, and i just end up with the options either always being visible, and having them grey out once i choose exchange bolter, or they never show up at all.

what am i missing here?

I was typing an awesome answer to this, hit the wrong frakkin' key on my laptop and lost it. Anyway. look at the prelinks for the Legion Praetor, it is assigning the tag hhHelpers.Select based on selecting hhSelect once or assigning the tag hhHelpers.Select2 based on selecting hhSelect twice. Then look at the linkset hhPraetrAA and scroll down to the hhArchPst, there are two of them around priority 250. Finally, look at the live condition applied to each. That is the answer.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how'd you get hhSelect to work?

#3  Postby dusktiger » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:50 am

WOOOOOO!!!!! i figured it out!! thanks Homer!! that's gonna make my coding look SO much cleaner now!
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Datafile Programming Support