Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

WIP Feral defiler

Space to post pictures of your latest modelling and painting projects

WIP Feral defiler

#1  Postby harkan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:01 pm

continuing the theme of my new custom job army ... defiler. Once it is finished am planning on having two beasts pulling it with a rider on each one with reapers - these are for the defiler attacks and twin reapers .. plus for the 'fleet', the hellcannon for the battlecannon

still work to do with green stuff, building the other wyvern and rider, some more pinning work and adding a targeter to the defiler but is coming along nicely

Based around a shaggoth, with various components, a lot fo cutting, pinning and dremmel work as well as green stuff. Still needs more green stuff work though but almost ready for undercoating!!

harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2  Postby Rayne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Very Fantasy-ish. :) Im liking the idea, but theres something nagging at my mind that says that its just not defiler-ish enough. :(
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#3  Postby Wraithlord » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:05 pm

Damn cool conversion Hark! I do have to agree with Rayne however, it just doesn't make me think it is a Defiler.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#4  Postby jlong05 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:14 pm

I agree that this is a great conversion Hark. You are the man with this feral army style. As for it not being defiler enough, I think its fine. It doesn't really matter what others think, just what you feel is best for your themed army. Make up some great fluff and your good to go!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#5  Postby harkan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:33 pm

the prob with trying t omake an alternate defiler is that the model is so spcific, you put some legs and claws on a model n it becomes a defiler, so trying to build an alternate one ends up with just recreating the original if that makes sense.

am happy with how it is progressing n once it's done I'll be even happier lol

paint scheme am now looking at is rusty dirty gun metal with brass trim, medium light cloaks with fur trim - a chapter that has gone renegade from an archaic world, still playing with background fluff though
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Wraithlord » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:15 am

You know that is true. If the entire army also shares similar looks then it would fit right in. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the final product.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#7  Postby harkan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 am

i may actually hack my old defiler about as i need some form of targetter on it as well as more armour etc so can give it a link to the standard model that way round. The two beasts pulling it are going to have exhaust pipes coming out of their shoulders, cables going into them and i may splice the back of the defiler apart n fit the engine components onto them too, may also swap the reapers the riders are carrying for the defiler ones too - still very much WIP at the mo'
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Wraithlord » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:58 am

Awesome!
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Modelling & Painting