Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Apocalypse Data Sheets

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Apocalypse Data Sheets

#1  Postby justtony » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:32 am

Greetings:

This is my first topic started here at the AB site and I have one simple question.

Will there be any releases from Army Builder to support GW's new Apocalypse rules?

I know you don't use FOCs and such but I like using AB and think that Apocalypse datasheets would be more uniform and coherent with an AB format. For regular troops and such the normal army builder could be used, of course, but what about the various special formations and strategies that can be chosen? Really I'm just wondering if there are any plans to work with Apocalypse?

Thanks
Justtony

Peace: through superior firepower.
justtony
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby harkan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:27 am

thanks for the question - yes there are plans to include the vehicles, units and tactica from Apocolypse - it may take some time as it will need work that affects all files so as yet there is no firm date for it
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby justtony » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Cool, thanks for the quick note.
justtony
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby scottywan922 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:37 pm

I was thinking that there are two ways you might do it fairly easily (not that I know dick all about coding):

1. Create the formations as a discrete choice in armybuilder, complete with all their necessary units inside and the additional points included. So, for instance:

Maelstrom of Gore would be the choice and when you added it to the list from the "Apocalypse" section (like HQ, Elite, Troops, only with no limitations) it would say
Maelstrom of Gore
-Chaos Lord preloaded with a Mark of Khorne
-Berserker Unit with minimum troops and all options available

And then it would have the option in the top heading for more berserker squads.

2.) Give every unit in the game the list option apocalypse that removes the unit restrictions and adds in the formation names. Then give the unit the option of being part of a formation in their entry (like "Count as troops", but instead "Maelstrom of Gore" or whatever.).
scottywan922
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby shaggai » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 pm

scottywan922 wrote:I was thinking that there are two ways you might do it fairly easily (not that I know dick all about coding):

1. Create the formations as a discrete choice in armybuilder, complete with all their necessary units inside and the additional points included. So, for instance:

Maelstrom of Gore would be the choice and when you added it to the list from the "Apocalypse" section (like HQ, Elite, Troops, only with no limitations) it would say
Maelstrom of Gore
-Chaos Lord preloaded with a Mark of Khorne

And then it would have the option in the top heading for more berserker squads.

The above is probably how it will work, but that's really only a small portion of what is involved in making an Apocalypse ruleset. There's the matter of what to do with the FOC, which is a VERY big part of the current files. Also, since it affects every file and most files are done by separate maintainers, it's getting everybody on the same schedule and make it possible - and also while one maintainer may have 2 datafax entries, another may have 6 or more with various amount of extra complexities involved. Plus, there's the matter of the strategems in the game and new weapon listings and the like.

Despite this, there is work being done behind the scenes and we will figure out a way to make everything work out in due time.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Rayne » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 am

Umm. As a side note... Not all armies got something with Apocalpyse. Puritan Sisters of Battle got diddly squat (As usual). And i believe that Puritan Grey Knights got crap too.
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

How about the basics ????

#7  Postby athos » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Before you get to the DATA SHEETS update

How about at lest putting in the new items as well as updating the old items to the existing files.

As an example: BaneBlade
Has new states and different items added to it as well as losing the Void shields

If you can add as well as update them; we can make our Apocalypse armies our selves

Or you can add a line item of "Data Sheet cost" and we can click on it and enter the cost and make a simple data sheet without much programming changes.
athos
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby harkan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:31 pm

not poss sorry - continuing the example of the baneblade - the IA one has different stats etc and weapon effects to the Apocalypse one. Also, the amount of work to code that in would only delay the release of the file with Apocalypse in.

Also, doing that would breach our one month embargo on new rules/codex etc
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9  Postby Spack » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 pm

How easy is it to allow a single list to choose from all armies? Is it just a case of adding a new "race" that brings in all the other races? Given the Apoc allies rules, anything can be included with anything else in a single "army".
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes

#10  Postby athos » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:04 pm

I have no problem with waiting time, and I understand why you have it.
Sorry if you miss understood me. :sad:

I am just asking since you will have to add the new items anyway.
Why not add them in the next months update so we can start using them? :wink:

Then when you figure out how to put in the data sheets, add them later. 8)

As for added other armies; I would keep them separate. Because they are separate armies. :?
athos
Recruit
Recruit

A thought on FOC and Appocolypse

#11  Postby MasterIacomus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 am

Can you have a setting for Apocalypse which simply sets the max FOC values to 100? That would get round the validation errors. You could then add in the stratagems etc at a later date.

My 2c worth anyhow.
MasterIacomus
Recruit
Recruit

Re: A thought on FOC and Appocolypse

#12  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:20 pm

MasterIacomus wrote:Can you have a setting for Apocalypse which simply sets the max FOC values to 100? That would get round the validation errors. You could then add in the stratagems etc at a later date.

My 2c worth anyhow.

That problem has already been solved. There are larger more complex things that are in the works for Apocalypse. As Harkan had said earlier in this thread, its gonna take some time. We are working on it at the moment. Thanks for your 2c, you never know when an idea you have didn't get thought up by others.
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions