Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

How to build Planetstrike list?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

How to build Planetstrike list?

#1  Postby tronage » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Alright, so the group I've been playing with have started doing planet strike, but we are all a bit confused by using AB while building our lists.
In the rules section, if we leave the "Battle-forged" rule checked in army selection, and then under scenario we check off planetstrike attacker/defender (which ever we are), and then in Roster Options we check off planetstrike, we still get some weird errors... Mainly the one that's confusing us is our only compulsory choice is an HQ. However when the combined arms detachment is pulled down, and I toss in an HQ, it still gives the validation rule that the combined arms detachment (primary detachment): Too few troop. However under the current planet strike there is no requirement for number of troops. This holds true it seems for the entire compulsory vs optional list. Another example would be defender can take 6 heavy, however AB complains too many heavy if you take 6. The "workaround" we have been using is just switching it to unbound Army selection, and just selecting manually (and keeping count on to not go over the number of units we are allowed from the optional list). I'm not sure if this is a bug or if we are just doing something wrong, but I know for sure we have planetstrike checked off both in the roster options and in the scenario sections. So If we are doing something wrong in the setup or rules, let me know, otherwise let me know if this is a bug (or if planet strike hasn't been updated from the last version, since we just started we are using the latest rules we just got off the GW website as an ebook, and don't know what the old version of the rules were), and I can report it in the bug tracker.
Thanks for any help provided, and as always a huge thank you to all that volunteer their time to make this better for everyone! I'm a volunteer EMT and know if feels good every now and then to get a thank you for the hard work you do! Great job!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

Re: How to build Planetstrike list?

#2  Postby Homer_S » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:19 pm

tronage wrote:Alright, so the group I've been playing with have started doing planet strike, but we are all a bit confused by using AB while building our lists.
In the rules section, if we leave the "Battle-forged" rule checked in army selection, and then under scenario we check off planetstrike attacker/defender (which ever we are), and then in Roster Options we check off planetstrike, we still get some weird errors... Mainly the one that's confusing us is our only compulsory choice is an HQ. However when the combined arms detachment is pulled down, and I toss in an HQ, it still gives the validation rule that the combined arms detachment (primary detachment): Too few troop. However under the current planet strike there is no requirement for number of troops. This holds true it seems for the entire compulsory vs optional list. Another example would be defender can take 6 heavy, however AB complains too many heavy if you take 6. The "workaround" we have been using is just switching it to unbound Army selection, and just selecting manually (and keeping count on to not go over the number of units we are allowed from the optional list). I'm not sure if this is a bug or if we are just doing something wrong, but I know for sure we have planetstrike checked off both in the roster options and in the scenario sections. So If we are doing something wrong in the setup or rules, let me know, otherwise let me know if this is a bug (or if planet strike hasn't been updated from the last version, since we just started we are using the latest rules we just got off the GW website as an ebook, and don't know what the old version of the rules were), and I can report it in the bug tracker.
Thanks for any help provided, and as always a huge thank you to all that volunteer their time to make this better for everyone! I'm a volunteer EMT and know if feels good every now and then to get a thank you for the hard work you do! Great job!

I am 99.9% sure that detachments do not yet enforce any FOC limits other than the basic ones. We will have to ripple those in. I'll start looking since there are a bunch.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby tronage » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Great!
Also as a side note, I think the planet strike is "out of date". Specifically the stuff you can spend stratagem points is totally different from the current book. I don't know what the old version was, since we just started playing, and just got the ebook, but it is entirely different. Is this a known "in need of an update" or should I bug tracker it so it is on the list? Thanks again for all your hard work!!!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#4  Postby Homer_S » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:47 am

tronage wrote:Great!
Also as a side note, I think the planet strike is "out of date". Specifically the stuff you can spend stratagem points is totally different from the current book. I don't know what the old version was, since we just started playing, and just got the ebook, but it is entirely different. Is this a known "in need of an update" or should I bug tracker it so it is on the list? Thanks again for all your hard work!!!

I'll add it to the to do list. Do you know if they also released a dead tree update?

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby UltraPrime » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Homer_S wrote:

I'll add it to the to do list. Do you know if they also released a dead tree update?

Homer

The updated Planetstrike rules are split over the two Sanctus Reach campaign books.
UltraPrime
Cultist
Cultist

#6  Postby tronage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:33 am

I don't know about being split over two books. I've been using:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Planetstrike-iBooks
As our groups current rules. I don't know which is "newer" if there is planet strike rules in Sanctus Reach, or the Planet Strike ibook. I can tell you that the last page of the Planet strike books lists the date as 25.08.2014 (or 8/25/14 as I'm used to). Which leads me to believe it is the most current since it is only about 4 months old.
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#7  Postby UltraPrime » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 am

tronage wrote:I don't know about being split over two books. I've been using:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Planetstrike-iBooks
As our groups current rules. I don't know which is "newer" if there is planet strike rules in Sanctus Reach, or the Planet Strike ibook. I can tell you that the last page of the Planet strike books lists the date as 25.08.2014 (or 8/25/14 as I'm used to). Which leads me to believe it is the most current since it is only about 4 months old.

They are exactly the same. Homer asked where to find the 'dead tree' version.
UltraPrime
Cultist
Cultist

#8  Postby tronage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Ah Gotcha. if you don't mind me asking what does 'dead tree' mean? I tried googleing but ended up with a bunch of guides how to make terrain :?
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#9  Postby Spack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm

It refers to the printed version on paper as opposed to the digital versions. GW can sneak out stealth updates to the digital versions leading to differences between the printed rules and the digital ones.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10  Postby Homer_S » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm

tronage wrote:Ah Gotcha. if you don't mind me asking what does 'dead tree' mean? I tried googleing but ended up with a bunch of guides how to make terrain :?

Dead tree = paper

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11  Postby tronage » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:24 pm

Ahhhh Gotcha. Yea I can see that digital is much easier to "sneak out" vs. sending it to print. I was surprised when there wasn't a printed version of the planet strike since I like having physical paper to flip through (or reference during a game) vs. a digital edition. Either way glad all is sorted out!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#12  Postby jboweruk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Homer_S wrote:

Homer

Hi Homer, I have both versions and they are (currently) exactly the same; Sanctus Reach and the ebook version for me anyway.
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions