Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Khorne Lord of skulls in non-apocalypse (escalation) How?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Khorne Lord of skulls in non-apocalypse (escalation) How?

#1  Postby tronage » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey,
I was curious how to go about adding the Khorne Lord of skulls to a non apocalypse army (based on the escalation codex). Is there a checkbox I've missed somewhere to allow escalation models, or has this yet to be implemented? I see the model under "formation" when I have apocalypse toggled on, but if I toggle it off, it vanishes from the list. Thanks for any help you guys can provide! And thanks for all your hard work!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

Re: Khorne Lord of skulls in non-apocalypse (escalation) How?

#2  Postby tronage » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Just checking in to see if I'm the only one having this issue? (or dumb enough to consider trying to use this in a standard game lol)
I don't know if this is as intended, or I'm missing a setting somewhere to make it available, or if it should be available and it is a bug that should be reported, if this is a feature that is being developed, etc. For now I can just do a workaround (print out a data page of just that one unit, and then compose the rest of my army under standard rules, minus the cost of the lord of skulls).
But I'd just like to know how to proceed. AKA should I wait patiently for it to arrive, should I enter a bug ticket, or should I learn where to set this option, etc.

Also as a side note, when in apocalypse mode, it shows the lord of skulls as a "formation". Shouldn't it be under the "lords or war" heading since that is what escalation refers to all the mega models as being a "lords of war unit". This I "think" is a bug that should be reported but would like to make sure before submitting.
Thanks for any help or advice!
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#3  Postby Homer_S » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:04 am

You are not the only one. I know I have gotten through Tyranids for updates to Apoc/Escalation. Not sure who else and what races have been done yet. I suggest starting a bug report of units you think are missing and that way maintainers can have something to go by.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby tronage » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Homer_S wrote:You are not the only one. I know I have gotten through Tyranids for updates to Apoc/Escalation. Not sure who else and what races have been done yet. I suggest starting a bug report of units you think are missing and that way maintainers can have something to go by.
Homer

Thanks for the reply!
Ok, But just to confirm we are on same page. In apoc mode lord of skulls is there, if I turn apoc mode off it vanishes. However as per escalation, if I am reading it right, you can use the lords of war models in ordinary run of the mill games (non-apoc). So the model isn't missing (entirely). It shows under apoc rules, not under standard rules. I just want to be sure there isn't an escalation rule checkbox I'm missing, as well to be sure that the lord of war models can be used in ordinary games (and therefor "should" be listed under the standard ruleset. If this is the case then I will open the bug ticket, but don't want to open them willy-nilly since I'm still re-new (old vet, picking up the game after 10 year break). Looking forward to your thoughts!

EDIT: I checked under the tyranids file, and I do see the lords of war models available in non-apoc rules. So I'll go ahead and report the bug.
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions