Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

THIS CANNOT BE FIXED STOP ASKING

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

THIS CANNOT BE FIXED STOP ASKING

#1  Postby Homer_S » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Stop asking to fix the "upgrade model to blah adds a model" behavior. This is HARD CODED INTO ARMY BUILDER AND CANNOT BE FIXED.

There have been countless individual reports of this behavior and THERE IS AN FAQ in Blood Angels, maybe it should be moved to General?

Homer
Attachments
roster.jpg
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: THIS CANNOT BE FIXED STOP ASKING

#2  Postby irishlep77 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:17 am

Homer,

Just curious (and because I have not browsed the bug list), what are people talking about with this? Is it like adding a Fenrisian wolf to a Wolf Lord or something completely different? Like I said, just curious.
irishlep77
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Homer_S » Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 am

irishlep77 wrote:Homer,

Just curious (and because I have not browsed the bug list), what are people talking about with this? Is it like adding a Fenrisian wolf to a Wolf Lord or something completely different? Like I said, just curious.

The issue is when the codex says "upgrade a model to blah". Say you have a unit of 5 Aspect Warriors and click to upgrade one to Exarch. One of two things can happen:

1) The Exarch is added and the count of Aspect Warriors goes from 5 to 4. This is what the Codex describes. This is bugged in that if you decide to remove the Exarch, the count is broken.

2) The Exarch is added and the count of Aspect Warriors stays at 5. People then report a bug that the Exarch upgrades costs too much. If you manually reduce the squad size, all is well.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby irishlep77 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:57 am

Ah, gotcha. Don't know why people don't get this. The same thing happens when I add a powerfist to my Wolves and all I do is decrease the squad by one. Easy peasy.

Oh well, keep up the good work guys. Once I get some spare time, I might try to dive in and learn the database editor. I know actions speak louder than words and hopefully mine can speak for me soon.
irishlep77
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby jboweruk » Sat May 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Got to say 2 is how I've always done it in AB; I never thought of it as a 'bug', guess some people would just like the 'ultimate list' created with little or no input. They'll be saying manual input of your entire army is a bug next. :)
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions