Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Tyrant's Legion?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Re: Tyrant's Legion?

#16  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 pm

jlong05 wrote:
Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:Out of interest - when is it fair to ask if someone is working on something? 1-2 months after a release....3-4 months -2 years? When?

Or does asking a simple question like that garner a hostile response too?

Without this further derailing, my statement was to your point of buying software you can't use. You can use it, you can create your own datafiles, you choose not to. That is your choice.

As previously said - I can't use it because I do not know how to - so no it's not by choice.

My response is because many many many people come here with complaints of timeliness of the files with an assumption that they are somehow promised to them, which they are not.

I appreciate that, and had already - I thought - made that clear.

Unfortunately there isn't much more we can give than that as available time changes for each programmer and although one may say he is working it may take that person 3 months to complete while another programmer may be working on other stuff and taking less time.

So maybe you can tell me - is there someone working on this? That's all I want to know.

Of you felt I overreacted to your post, please take the time to review the older threads and see just how often we answer those same questions and arguments.

I've seen them which is why I made an effort to ask nicely and not to upset anyway. Hell I even apologised for it in my first post.

But to go back to my first comment and to try and salvage something "constructive" - perhaps in future in an update removes something, a warning before applying it would be great. Such a mechanism could have helped me avoid this whole sorry mess in the first place.
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Tyrant's Legion?

#17  Postby jlong05 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:

Without this further derailing, my statement was to your point of buying software you can't use. You can use it, you can create your own datafiles, you choose not to. That is your choice.

As previously said - I can't use it because I do not know how to - so no it's not by choice

From Wolflair.com

Construction Kit - Included with Product

Army Builder data files are created with a set of tools that are collectively called the Construction Kit. If you are interested in creating your own data files - or simply making a few changes to existing data files - the Construction Kit is what you need. The Kit includes full documentation and a tutorial on the main editing tool, ABCreator. Starting with V3.2, the Construction Kit is automatically installed with the product.

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:

My response is because many many many people come here with complaints of timeliness of the files with an assumption that they are somehow promised to them, which they are not.

I appreciate that, and had already - I thought - made that clear.

Yet, you do in fact feel we 'owe' you some sort of update and timeline for that update based on your responses below.

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:

Unfortunately there isn't much more we can give than that as available time changes for each programmer and although one may say he is working it may take that person 3 months to complete while another programmer may be working on other stuff and taking less time.

So maybe you can tell me - is there someone working on this? That's all I want to know.

All files will eventually be updated, but I cannot give a time for that completion as the rules from GW have been stretched across so many avenues that it is no longer viable to own all the rules. Add to that we no longer have a dedicated Nid programmer and that means the timelines for those updates have been further stretched.

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:

If you felt I overreacted to your post, please take the time to review the older threads and see just how often we answer those same questions and arguments.

I've seen them which is why I made an effort to ask nicely and not to upset anyway. Hell I even apologized for it in my first post.

But to go back to my first comment and to try and salvage something "constructive" - perhaps in future in an update removes something, a warning before applying it would be great. Such a mechanism could have helped me avoid this whole sorry mess in the first place.

Yet you ignored those prior threads and posted yet another asking something that in the prior threads could see was already answered(you just didn't like that answer and hoped for a new one)

As for updates. ALL UPDATES ARE LISTED THAT YOU SHOULD SAVE YOUR FILES PRIOR TO UPDATING THE DATASET AS PRIOR LISTS MAY BECOME INACTIVE/BROKEN. That is simply the nature of the tool when the ruleset is as diverse as GW has made 40k. What appears in many cases as a simply minor change impacts many inter-related areas. It is always recommended to make a backup of your files prior to completing an update. Failure to create a viable backup is not something you should be complaining to us about.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

Previous

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions