Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

AB v1.11 problems with Daemons and CSM for Apocalypse

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

AB v1.11 problems with Daemons and CSM for Apocalypse

#1  Postby doc_rocker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi

I've been having lots of problems with the most recent version of the 40K files for Armybuilder.
I'm trying to put together a very big and complicated Apocalypse list which will be Daemons and CSM... i am seeing LOTS of things that are missing or issues with the correct allies

Basically i want to see EVERYTHING so that i can pick and choose... but i am getting wierd behavior where i am unable to ally IG with CSM even when i pick hated allies and come the apocalypse.

I am also not able to find things like the Great Brass Scorpion of Khorne, a Traitor Emperor Titan and 2 of the 4 Daemon Lords (even with Apocalypse, Imperial Armour and Hated/Come the Apocalypse Allies picked) ... told you i was planning a BIG list.

Has anyone else seen this... cheers in advance
doc_rocker
Recruit
Recruit

Re: AB v1.11 problems with Daemons and CSM for Apocalypse

#2  Postby jczarny » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 am

I have also been trying to put together some complicated CSM/Daemon apoc lists, even standard 40k lists, and have not been very successful with this since the release of 6th edition CSM codex.

MOST of the content was removed and not replaced from what I can tell. I could list a ton of things which I try to use on a daily basis; Blight Drones, Spartan Assault Tank, Traitor Shadowsword, Traitor Stormlord, etc etc, which I can no longer gain access to.

- J
jczarny
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Homer_S » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm

When the CSM 6th edition files were released, the race name changed. I have updated it in some places and there are undoubtedly others which still need changing. We are actively working on this one.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby jczarny » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Thank you!

That would make me my 40k gaming much easier :)
jczarny
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby doc_rocker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update... i'm still banging my head against a brick wall

I've completely given up on ArmyBuilder for the moment and gone back to pen/paper, far too many issues sine 6th came out.... disappointing really
doc_rocker
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Homer_S » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 am

doc_rocker wrote:Thanks for the update... i'm still banging my head against a brick wall

I've completely given up on ArmyBuilder for the moment and gone back to pen/paper, far too many issues sine 6th came out.... disappointing really

Can you help us here... what problems specifically? Make a single post with the issues you are having.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby doc_rocker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Homer, I'll try to list everything that i've found

I should point out, this is a Daemons list (Primary) with CSM and Trator IG for Apocalypse... so ideally i want to be able to see EVERYTHING

I should point out that I've been playing around with rule switching / ally switching to get around many of the following issues... if i choose a rule set which is 'not valid' then all of my selections are removed.... so i am unable to find a workaround.

Rules - Apocalypse, Imperial Armour, Non-Codex Materials, Trusted/Distrusted/Hated Allies and Come the Apocalypse
1. With those rules selected, I am unable to choose CSM as an Ally - thats a BIG one right there
2. With those rules selected, I'm unable to choose IG as an ally.... another BIG one

I have to fiddle around with the various ally options to get what I want.... this is Apocalypse!!! i want to see everything

Rules - Choosing battle brothers and Trusted allies only

3. CSM Warmachines / Legendary... I do not see the following
a. Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne.... stressing the GREATER
b. Where is the Chaos Reaver Titan?

4. CSM Heavy Support (?) - Where is the Hell Talon Flier? wasn't this updated in the most recent IA flyer book
I see this as an option under 'Legendary'

Rules - Allies of convenience / Trusted and distrusted allies
I am able to select Daemons with IG - BUT not CSM

5. Chaos Daemons HQ - why are only 2 of the 4 Daemon Lords listed under the HQ section??
Aetaos'rau'keres & Scabieathrax are present
An'garrath and Zarakynel are missing - they become visible when 'All Units' are selected

6. Some of the rules for minimum troop choices for the Daemon lords are not present
Scabieathrax, An'garrath & Zarakynel require a minimum of 5 troops of each Chaos God to be chosen

Those are my main issues.... As i am attempting to combine 3 armies into 1 Apocalypse force; with the rules for allies removing things that I have previously selected means that this is impossible.

Right now, as far as I'm concerned ArmyBuilder for my sorts of gaming is completely borked and I won't be using it until it's fixed properly.

Hope that helps... my big game is in a month, so I don't expect miracles before then
doc_rocker
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby Homer_S » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 pm

I suppose making two lists is not an option? GW has not been super forthcoming on Apocalypse with the sweeping changes for 6th edition.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions