Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Black Templar file has wrong point costs!

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Black Templar file has wrong point costs!

#1  Postby Akaiyou » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

This got this missed when i brought it up in the bug tracker Shaggai deemed it not to be a bug.

But it's definetly not correct.

I have taken pictures of it so you can see what I see rather than just telling you.

It's there clear as day....the crusader squad has the same point cost no matter what special weapon you choose it also has this same issue with all the heavy weapons (heavy bolter, lascannon, multi-melta etc etc) in fact the ONLY thing that seems to work on the crusaders are the close combat options. Everything else you are ONLY paying for the cost of the model and the weapons are free.

The terminators suffer the same fate as well as you can see in the image, the cyclone missile launcher and assault cannon are FREE as the price added to the unit is just 40 pts which is the cost of a any basic terminator.

Hope this doesn't get dismissed again like it did last time in the bug tracker. I've been waiting for an update with the correct pts cost for a while now since reporting it the first time.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Re: Black Templar file has wrong point costs!

#2  Postby Spack » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Turn off Competition Output in the roster settings and the points will be correct. Looks like a glitch in the Competition Output settings. This is why we ask in the tracker for all details about options enabled, as otherwise it's very difficult to replicate. Will update the tracker entry to a different status.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh that did fix the issue.

And the competition output is selected by default is it not? I don't recall clicking it on.

But yeah unchecking it does fix the issue and gives proper point costs.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#4  Postby Spack » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 am

Competition Output should not be turned on by default (it's never turned itself on in my copy of AB, for instance), but it does appear to get enabled in some way in many users copies of AB and we've never worked out how if the user hasn't enabled the option.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Akaiyou » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am

I actually REALLY have grown to love competitive output lets me get cleaner much easier to follow lists in text form.

However the black templars seem to keep having issues with competitive output. Just discovered one...terminators option for veteran skills do not display in the options menu while competitive output is clicked on. If u deselect competitive output they show up as normal, please fix :) I really do like competitive output it's a great option.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#6  Postby jlong05 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Please post bug reports in the bug tracker, not in the forums.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#7  Postby Akaiyou » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 am

I already had :)
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions