Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

IA 8; Scratch that, what about IA 9?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

IA 8; Scratch that, what about IA 9?

#1  Postby Mr_Rose » Fri May 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey there,

Are you guys working on the new content from Imperial Armour VIII at all?

I figure it'll take a little longer than a regular book, what with having two new army lists as well as all the new/updated equipment etc. but I'm an impatient sort so I naturally want it all done yesterday... :P

Anyway; the real question is; will you be including all the scenarios with their funky force org. charts? And will you make them available to other armies in case people want to do "what if" re-creations?
Last edited by Mr_Rose on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#2  Postby Homer_S » Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm doing some things: Imperial Guard vehicles and the updated Elysian list. You'll have to wait to hear from Shaggai to learn about da Orkses!

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby shaggai » Sat May 22, 2010 4:17 am

I think my copy is waiting in the post office for me to pick up tomorrow - remember however, just like all other types of releases, there is the usual 30 day waiting period before it gets put into the files...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby shaggai » Sat May 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Yep, I was right - looked like the box was torn in shipping and UK (Sweden?) mail threw it in a heavy grade blue plastic bag. That's why I didn't recognize it a IA8, even though I was expecting it.

Definitely like the look of the product in terms of production value - looks like a "slick" product that looks like it was worth it's cost. I do miss the shiny snot-proof coating on the cover though...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Spack » Sat May 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Unfortunately it's full of typos just like the other books ... but it does at least look good :P
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IA 8

#6  Postby Katie_Drake » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:09 am

I haven't been able to find IA8 in the latest release, but I saw someone reporting a bug for it... what am I missing?
Katie_Drake
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby shaggai » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 am

Katie_Drake wrote:I haven't been able to find IA8 in the latest release, but I saw someone reporting a bug for it... what am I missing?

Make sure that you have the 1.08a update available here in the downloads section, and then it depends on what you are looking for. The Dread Mob selection is in the Orks section, just make sure that you also have Non-Codex Materials checked - the same should also apply in the Imperial Guard and the new Elysian listing.
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Katie_Drake » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 am

shaggai wrote:
Katie_Drake wrote:I haven't been able to find IA8 in the latest release, but I saw someone reporting a bug for it... what am I missing?

Make sure that you have the 1.08a update available here in the downloads section, and then it depends on what you are looking for. The Dread Mob selection is in the Orks section, just make sure that you also have Non-Codex Materials checked - the same should also apply in the Imperial Guard and the new Elysian listing.

Oh, crap. I'd downloaded but not applied the update... hahaha. Thanks!
Katie_Drake
Recruit
Recruit

Re: IA 8; Scratch that, what about IA 9?

#9  Postby Mr_Rose » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 pm

OK, so IA9 is out now, more or less. Have you guys got yours yet? :wink:
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#10  Postby Homer_S » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 am

Which one is IA 9 again? Is that the Badab war that was limited released on Saturday only at GD UK?

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11  Postby shaggai » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 am

Waiting until the new "necropede" makes it's way to order for the 250 pound free shipping...
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12  Postby Mr_Rose » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 am

Homer_S wrote:Which one is IA 9 again? Is that the Badab war that was limited released on Saturday only at GD UK?

Homer

Yeah, that's the one. I forgot the official release wasn't until Oct 4th. :oops:

Oh well; just to prepare you guys, there's about a dozen special characters, one new army list that combines humans and space marines, and a campaign's worth of scenarios with a set of rules for ship boarding actions.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#13  Postby Spack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 am

So that means earliest release of files in AB40k would be 4th November, although it might take longer than that :P

I missed out on going to GD - would have popped in had I got a free ticket (I live a couple of miles away from the NEC)!
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions