Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Cypher stats???

Discussion not related to the 40k datafiles, or anything else in particular.

Cypher stats???

#1  Postby Pappystein » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Hey all, While following the tennats of the AB40K team we can not have Cypher added to the software we CAN put him in as a generic unit and then hand write (shudder) the stats for him in our Apoclaypse games.

Here is the rub for me. I just started with WH40K and only decided I wanted a Chaos army in the past 2 months... GW states they are out of the WD issue that has Cypher's stats.

Can anyone post em here? I am taking my "Chosen Angels" subunit of my nightlords army up against some IG this weekend and want Cypher to lead my 1000 point all infantry force.

THANKS!
Pappystein
Conscript
Conscript

#2  Postby Shi_Vral » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Why exactly do you think we can't have him in the files? Have you turned on the "Special Characters" option in roster creation (or I think in Apoc you don't even have to turn that on.) Also, we cannot post those stats as they are copyright Games Workshop and so we do not have the rights to post them on a public board such as this.
Making Tau lists easier to create since 2003<br>
Shi_Vral
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#3  Postby Ghaz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Shi_Vral wrote:Why exactly do you think we can't have him in the files?

Because he's not been updated to work with the new codex, hence he is obsolete just like Doomrider, etc.

As for posting rules, that is a definite no as that would violate GW's copyright and could get us in legal trouble. Do not ask for anyone to post rules on this website. Doing so will get the offending post deleted and can lead to a loss of posting priveleges.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through, for good or ill.
Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are drawn."

-The Tactica Imperium-
Ghaz
Maintainer
Maintainer

#4  Postby Pappystein » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Appologies Ghaz.

I was not thinking about that when I posted.

Calling Games workshop... sigh!
Pappystein
Conscript
Conscript

#5  Postby Chunky_Baby » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Again - it's a little late, but thought I'd post.

I actually DID contact GW and was told that yes - they were out of back issues of the said WD, but that they would photocopy a page out of the magazine and mail it to me.

This they did - I now have a photocopied copy of the page.

I don't see why this couldn't be used online in a forum such as this - seeing as GW themseves have basically limited themselves to this tactic anyway?

One to think about anyway...
Kill!! Maim!!! Burn!!!!
Kharn the Betrayer

World Eaters: <B> ONCE</B> the embodiment of slaughter...now nerfed - thanks GW...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#6  Postby Ghaz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:14 pm

It's GW's property and it's their right to photocopy it if they want to. Doing so does not give us the right to post the rules on this website. It would be a violation of GW's copyright, it could get the maintainers in legal trouble and it will get the person who posts them in trouble with the maintainers.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through, for good or ill.
Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are drawn."

-The Tactica Imperium-
Ghaz
Maintainer
Maintainer

#7  Postby harkan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 pm

big hammer time ... anyone posting stats, rules etc will have the post ammended and a stern reminder ... repeat offenders will be banned.

Although this may seem harsh it is because as a group we cannot afford "to pull the tiger's tail" as in upset GW

The files are designed to ensure that people need the 'dex to use them for the reason that to do so otherwise would bring a world of hassle down on us, although we don't breach IP outright it would take time and money to sort ... which am sure we all agree is not worth the hassle
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cypher stats???

#8  Postby bobafett_h » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 am

Hopefully Cypher gets updated and ends up as a character in the next Chaos Codex. He is such a fun character in terms of fluff and as an excuse to take a squad or two (or entire army) of Fallen Angels.

With the rumours of Chaos being in the next starter set along with Dark Angel themed terrain and including a pre-established character, it is certainly possible that he will become a regular option for Chaos armies again.
Everyone Dies. It's the final and only lasting Justice. There's no greater good than Justice; It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.
bobafett_h
Conscript
Conscript

Return to Gaming Room