Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

AB40k8 v1.10 Update

Site policies, announcements, rules, etc. will be posted in here. Please read them before posting.

AB40k8 v1.10 Update

#1  Postby Homer_S » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:54 am

Codex:Necrons updates, Chapter Approved 2018 including beta Codex: Adepta Sororitas and bug fixes!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AB40k8 v1.10 Update

#2  Postby tigerknight » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:28 pm

I'm getting back into the game from last playing around 2010 and have not seen any other decent alternatives (BattleScribe is decent, but their list/printer output is mush). I'd very much love to keep using AB but it seems to go few and very far between updates. How many people work on the different army/codex files? Would another hand be helpful? I'd have to learn from scratch how it goes together but I'm game to give it a shot if there's a call for more people to be involved and keep things moving.
tigerknight
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby deano » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 pm

To answer your question there are two of us full time* now.

If you are interested in learning you need to read the AB Creator tutorial and user manual..    or at least know where to find them.    

Then for your favorite faction open up the files and maybe try and fix a FAQ or two...  (we know we have errors here and there)  and then send a zipped file with those changes to either myself or Homer_S above and tell us what you did...     Not knowing what Factions you play, right now we are looking for "Auditions" from Imperial Armor "Xeno" book if you think you might be interested.  (necrons is spoken for IIRC)

Feel free to read the boards because there is a lot of info in there.

*full time denotes we are the ones still here...  not that we work 40hour weeks on this...  We have day jobs and painting to do...
deano
Maintainer
Maintainer

#4  Postby tigerknight » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:06 pm

I've got models for Tau, Space Marines, Necrons, and Tyranids, but only codexes for Necrons and Tau since my last books were 4th edition, and I don't own the latest CA book. I'll take a look and see what I can dig up, I remember that one of the big differences between AB2 and AB3 was that the files used to be compiled every time you loaded, and that got changed so that AB3 loaded a hell of a lot faster.

I'll take a crack at it and see what I can tweak.

deano wrote:To answer your question there are two of us full time* now.

If you are interested in learning you need to read the AB Creator tutorial and user manual..    or at least know where to find them.    

Then for your favorite faction open up the files and maybe try and fix a FAQ or two...  (we know we have errors here and there)  and then send a zipped file with those changes to either myself or Homer_S above and tell us what you did...     Not knowing what Factions you play, right now we are looking for "Auditions" from Imperial Armor "Xeno" book if you think you might be interested.  (necrons is spoken for IIRC)

Feel free to read the boards because there is a lot of info in there.

*full time denotes we are the ones still here...  not that we work 40hour weeks on this...  We have day jobs and painting to do...
tigerknight
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby Homer_S » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 pm

<cite>tigerknight wrote:</cite>I'm getting back into the game from last playing around 2010 and have not seen any other decent alternatives (BattleScribe is decent, but their list/printer output is mush). I'd very much love to keep using AB but it seems to go few and very far between updates. How many people work on the different army/codex files? Would another hand be helpful? I'd have to learn from scratch how it goes together but I'm game to give it a shot if there's a call for more people to be involved and keep things moving.

Thanks for the interest! Several people have offered help but none has come through (yet)...

G W has added some complexity to their simplified rules behavior in Detachments and sub-faction driven options/rules. I'm fairly certain that I was the trailblazer in the Detachment functionality for 7th edition. There are very few mechanisms that travel between drag/dropped units.  I'd say of the time it takes to code a new book, > 50% is getting that functionality working, with the balance being updating/creating units.

What I would love to see is someone willing to do beta testing. You would not have to learn to code, but just go through a Codex unit by unit, option by option, and provide a comprehensive list of bugs that we can tackle. I'm less concerned about adding new material but getting what is there accurate and functioning properly.

If you are willing, pick a Codex you have and send a PM or post in the right part of the forum a comprehensive bug listing for that Codex.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to File & Site Announcements/Policy