Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

The Multiple Chaos file sets question

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

The Multiple Chaos file sets question

#1  Postby tronage » Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Alright, so I just got through posting a bunch of bug-trackers and want to make sure I did it correctly. For example there is several issues with the brass scorpion. I reported it in each tracker that it is a unit: Chaos Space Marines-IA, Chaos Daemons-IA, and Khorne Daemonkin. But that seems very repetitive... I just want to clarify for future (since I'm a chaos player, and dabble in all three armies, as well GW and FW models), as I find errors, should I continue to duplicate them all into the appropriate bug trackers, or if someone fixes it in the CSM-IA file, will it automatically be fixed in the CD-IA file (therefore only needing to report it once and if so, which should be the "primary" place to report this)?

Also I posted an issue that spanned both GW and FW models, so I posted the GW errors in the Non-IA tracker, and the FW errors in the IA tracker for the different armies. But it was all the same issue (missing 5(i) save) on various models.

Long Story short, as a chaos player, an error on one model could exist in 3 places now, or a general issue involving both GW and FW models could exists in 5 places (the 3 bug trackers, plus the two IA flavors of CSM and CD). Now I have zero idea of how all this all works, how the files are structured, or who maintains what, but it felt awfully repetitive posting it all over the place, however the errors do exists and apply to each bug tracker I put them in...

Is there a better way, to report an error that I guess you would call model specific, rather then file/army specific (in that across all the chaos files anytime this model appears, the same error is present)? So, for example, if there is issue with "Brass Scorpion" is there a place to post so it would be addressed in all the Chaos files (CSM-IA, CD-IA, KD)? Or should I continue to post, what feels like almost spamming,to all the respective trackers?
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

Re: The Multiple Chaos file sets question

#2  Postby tronage » Tue May 05, 2015 2:39 am

So as per Shaggai, I'm to believe 1 post is good enough... However "where" should the post go. If I have issue with the Brass Scorpion for example, which of the 3 bug trackers should it go since it is an IA unit in all three chaos armies? From an end user standpoint in reporting a bug, it would be much easier if there was a bug tracker that was for model issues (specifically the text that shows in the footnotes section for each model). Most of my reports are not about rules, or I can't take this weapon with this guy. A page number is wrong, A point value is incorrect, a rule is mis-quoted, etc. All of which hold true regardless of which chaos file I have open (CSM, CD, KD). If this is not possible, for what ever reason, then I ask the devs, which bug tracker should I use as a "Default" if an issue spans multiple trackers.
Thanks.
tronage
Cultist
Cultist

#3  Postby Spack » Tue May 05, 2015 8:46 pm

There isn't a way to assign a bug to multiple "codexes", so just post the bug to one of them and make a note in the bug report which other lists it applies to. Sometimes a unit specific bug will only affect one codex, so won't apply to all of the armies it appears in because there are rules that are applied when used in one army but not another.

In the case of the Brass Scorpion, just pick one of the three trackers to post in - it shouldn't matter which as the same maintainer generally works on all related lists, so if the issue is posted in one of the trackers they are responsible for then it will be picked up.

Dan
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby tronage » Wed May 06, 2015 12:57 am

Roger that, will do for the future.
tronage