Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Regarding the upcoming Sister's of Battle update...

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Regarding the upcoming Sister's of Battle update...

#1  Postby DthShdw » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:54 pm

No, I'm not wondering when it'll be released. It'll be released when it's ready, and I'm quite happy with that.

However, I'd noticed a slight discrepency between the two halves of the Codex as it relates to Saint Celestine's special rules. Page 103 of the August issue includes 'Independent Character' amongst her special rules; however, page 85 of the September issue does not.

While I would understand if the decision regarding this were to require GW to FAQ this particular situation, I do note that there is a precedent for her having that special rule when taking into consideration her entry from the Witchhunter's Codex (which is now, admittedly, defunct).

Just figured I'd bring it to your attention just in case, as it's something that could very easily be overlooked.

Chris
DthShdw
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Regarding the upcoming Sister's of Battle update...

#2  Postby Homer_S » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm

I seem to recall we discussed this internally. IIRC we will be going with no IC for Celestine, per the Army List description in Part 2. I expect a quick update from GW when they post the PDF version.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Fyrebyrd » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Homer_S wrote:I expect a quick update from GW when they post the PDF version.

Homer
And probably won't be any notice about the change either...
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby DthShdw » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:02 am

Cool cool. I figured you guys probably had noticed and all. But no one is perfect, and I'm sure it helps with others can lend their eyes pre-emptively a bit.

You do great work, and help save a *lot* of people a fair amount of time in building their lists by producing and maintaining these datafiles (my wife, in particular loves the help!).

Chris
DthShdw
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby andrewm9 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Homer_S wrote:I seem to recall we discussed this internally. IIRC we will be going with no IC for Celestine, per the Army List description in Part 2. I expect a quick update from GW when they post the PDF version.

Homer

If you interpret it that way it would make unable to join a unit which she clearly can since Acts of Faith rule lets her modify tests by +1. She is one of models spcifically listed as being able to do so. To me it is clearly an oversight on the writers part. Not that she is worth including in many lists she she doesn't do anythign very well except not die.
andrewm9
Conscript
Conscript

#6  Postby NinjaElf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:17 pm

I agree. WD379, pg 94, clearly states "+1 if the unit has been joined by at least one of the following independent characters: [snip other names] Saint Celestine..." If she wasn't an independent character, she wouldn't be able to join a unit to modify their Faith test.

I'd suggest putting the Independent rule on her until as such a time an official answer says otherwise. Considering her WD379 entry has her with the Independent rule and she has the Independent rule in the previous WH books as well, it seems likely the right way to go with it.
NinjaElf
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby NinjaElf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:27 pm

It's official - Saint Celestine is an Independent Character - please fix =)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... r_2011.pdf

There are also a couple of other things in it too.
NinjaElf
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby Spack » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:26 pm

We know, fixes are in progress but won't be released immediately as there are other fixes going through testing at the moment.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions