Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

New Codex Eldar Rumours

Advance news or just a rumour, post them here for all to see.

New Codex Eldar Rumours

#1  Postby Wraithlord » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:27 am

Here are some new Eldar rumours from the gents at Warseer:

I cannot even give a hint as to my source. The only info I could give about him/her would give that source away. I consider this information HIGHLY likely.

Shining spears
-will be reduced to 35pts per model.
-one member of the squad can upgrade his catapults to a cannon
-Withdraw USR will be available for the Exarch to purchase
-Not sure if he meant Exarch only or if the whole squad, but the new lances might be called "starlances" and be S6 powerweapons on the turn they assault.

The Avatar of Khaine
-NOT a "special character!"
-155pts
-current stats as is, except +1I and +1A and BS5
-all Eldar withing 12" are fearless
- 3+ save AND 4+(I)
-It's spear/sword has the same stats as a melta-gun including the melta rule and the AP1
-Immune to heat based weapons again (I hope the codex specifies what "heat based weapons" are to avoid confusion amongst players)

Wraithguard
-Troops choice if NOT mounted in a wave serpent
-T6 now
-Wraithcannon auto wounds on a 2+ now and insta-kills on a 6 after roll to hit.
-Wraithcannon glances on a 2-4 and penatrates on a 5-6 after roll to hit.

Warpspiders
Staying "as is" with points and everything, except suprise assault has changed to reflect thier shooty nature instead of assault.
-When shooting at an opponent after making a teleport move (not specific as to the difference, sorry) They gain one extra shot each. So this means they can jump 12" and fire three S6 AP- shots at a unit 12" away each!

Oh yeah, FIRST RUMOUR POST! Lol.
Thousand Sons: kicking ass like never before
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#2  Postby Wraithlord » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:07 pm

Full summary of the latest Codex Eldar rumours. Thanks to the gents at Warseer as always :)

Shining spears
-will be reduced to 35pts per model.
-one member of the squad can upgrade his catapults to a cannon
-Withdraw USR will be available for the Exarch to purchase
-The whole squad is armed with "Starlances" that are S6 Powerweapons on the turn they assault. Afterwards they revert to S3 regular attacks. The Exarch can upgrade his to S8.

The Avatar of Khaine
-NOT a "special character!"
-155pts
-current stats as is, except +1I and +1A and BS5
-all Eldar withing 12" are fearless
- 3+ save AND 4+(I)
-It's spear/sword has the same stats as a melta-gun including the melta rule and the AP1
-Immune to heat based weapons again (I hope the codex specifies what "heat based weapons" are to avoid confusion amongst players)

Wraithguard
-Only one wound, NOT 2
-Troops choice if NOT mounted in a wave serpent
-T6 now
-Wraithcannon auto wounds on a 2+ now and insta-kills on a 6 after roll to hit.
-Wraithcannon glances on a 2-4 and penatrates on a 5-6 after roll to hit.
If they CAN be taken as ELITES without one (a transport) remains to be seen.

Warpspiders
Staying "as is" with points and everything, except suprise assault has changed to reflect thier shooty nature instead of assault.
-When shooting at an opponent after making a teleport move (not specific as to the difference, sorry) They gain one extra shot each. So this means they can jump 12" and fire three S6 AP- shots at a unit 12" away each!
Wraithguard taken with a transport remain an ELITES choice on the organization chart.

The Waveserpent now comes with NO weapons standard and must be purchased as normal. Similar to the Imperial guard where you buy a Chimera APC on it's own without weapons. and buy the multi-laser, or heavy flamer for the turret and then pick either the Heavy flamer or Heavy bolter for the hull.

The Farseer WILL have a toughness of three. He will however have a built in 3+ save against the Perils of the warp attack! So you may be able to fend off that instant death after all. He COMES with spirit stones AND Runes of Witnessing now. Much like the Librarian COMES with a psychic hood and force weapon.

ANY enemy psyker on the table attempting a psychic power must roll 3 dice and pick two. If he rolls double 6s, the enemy psyker suffers perils of the warp. So... if facing a Farseer's army, an enemy psyker suffers from POW on double 1s and double 6s while withing 18" of the Farseer! Runes of witnessing allows you to pick ANY of the three dice when casting...you roll two 1s and a 4, no PoW. When the enemy psyker casts, YOU pick which two he uses. He rolls two 1s and a 4, he suffers PoW. He rolls two 6s and a 1, he still takes PoW.

All Farseer powers and Warlock powers have NOT changed apparently, except,
New power, Doom
pick an enemy within 18". All attacks (not specific about whether it's just shooting or if assault is included) against said unit may reroll "to wound."
0-1 Farseer as an HQ choice. He/she may be joined by 3-9 warlocks in a single squad.

You no longer have to pull warlocks from the Farseer's retinue to lead your guardians, guardian jetbikes, and wraithgaurd. They are simple upgrades to the squad now.

Guardian Jetbikes are Troops choices! Points are less (don't remember by how much), but they are dropping to T4 4+ save..... hide from heavy bolters!

Striking Scorpions are dropping to a strength of 3, BUT (relax guys, keep reading) the Chain sword they are carrying gives them S4 in close combat. This was only a change meant to show that the Eldar Statline is a S3 and that no amount of training will give the Eldar Physic the strength of a geneticaly enhanced space marine. So thier profile for strength will look like this: 3(4).

Warwalkers are Fast Attack

Warpspiders are Fast Attack

The Executioner (+2S powerweapon, two-handed) is a wargear list item....hello warlocks with S5 powerweapons in the Farseer's command squad!

What a heavy weapon costs to put on a grav-platform, I don't know. I only know that the standard price for weapons looks something like this: (from memory so might not be 100% accurate)

Shuriken Cannon - 5pts
Scatter Laser - 15pts
Eldar Missle Launcher - 20pts
Starcannon - 25pts
Bright Lance - 30pts
Shuriken Cannons are indeed assault weapons now. It was made that way specificaly for the Death Jester to be able to move and fire the weapon with his Harlequin Troop.

Vypers and Warwalkers are no longer open-topped!

Vypers can deep-strike!

Holo-fields have stayed the same. They are not becoming the 4+ vehicle save from Forge World we had hoped. It will still be rolling 2d6 and picking the lowest result on the damage table after penetrating or glancing your vehicle.

Rumor has it (less likely than the others I've posted) that the Waveserpent is losing it's "Wave Field" and being replaced with a standard "Holo-field." This is being done to keep all Eldar fields the same. I don't truly belive it though since they are using the excuse of the powerfield in front of the Warwarlker as the reason it is no longer open-topped. We shall see....
Augment is going to be a power available to warlocks in the codex. Not just for Ulthwe' anymore.

No change to the Striking Scorpion's Mandi-blaster, yay!

Here is what will make Howling Banshees a good choice over Harlequins....
The Exarch will keep Acrobatic as a power (you'll have to buy it with points of course). It will affect the whole squad, let me lay it out for you....

....you assault a unit using the current assault rules, about half your banshees are base-to-base, the other half within 2". You still get all of your attacks but because of the 2" kill zone some of your powerweapon wounds go wasted...

OR

....you assault a unit using the current assault rules, about half your banshees are base-to-base, the other half within 2". You use acrobatic to move all banshees that are base-to-base into contact with another model deeper into the enemy unit while maintaing coherency with all the banshees. This extends your 2" kill zone to the entire unit. No wasted powerweapon wounds unless you wipe out the squad before they're all used.... WOO HOO!

That's all I know folks!
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#3  Postby Fireball » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:26 pm

what would be interesting for me is ...
ONLY eldars in there ? or dark eldars as well ? maybe even harlequins ? :-D
Fireball
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Wraithlord » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 pm

Only Eldar so far as anyone knows.
Wraithlord
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby Spack » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:26 am

I thought it had already been pretty much confirmed that Harlequins were in there too - they'll be Elite unit choices for an Eldar army.
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Fireball » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:05 am

ther has been a rumour about pretty much any possible combination, thus my question :-)
Fireball
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Spack » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:17 pm

The Dark Eldar combined into the codex was debunked long ago by GW themselves. The only consistent rumour I've seen about Harlequins is that they'll be in the Eldar codex as Elite choices (and GW have in the past mentioned that they'd try to fit Harlequins in, although Exodites would likely not make it - and so far I've seen no mention of Exodites in any of the recent rumour posts, but Harlequins are still there)
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby bobafett_h » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:34 pm

i think that the Harlequin unit rumour in the new Eldar codex can almost be confirmed by the fact that they are the new Eldar unit in the next Dawn Of War expansion. In Dark Crusade, they will work in much the same way as the what the rumours about the Codex have been saying in regards to the Death Jester and so on. Looking forward for that one to come out...

I was originally under the impression that this half of the year would be all about Eldar and Dark Eldar for models and rules. The original plan was to release separate codex books for them around this time of the year, but it seems that the DE could end up being put off for a few more years yet which is a real shame cause they are quite a decent army to use in a game. But obviously GW are only going to invest time and money into developing new rules for models which actually sell...

Having DE and Eldar combined into the same Codex sounds blasphemous to me. Would almost be like putting Space Marines and Chaos together. Harlequins and Exodites combined in the one book could work on the other hand though...
Everyone Dies. It's the final and only lasting Justice. There's no greater good than Justice; It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.
bobafett_h
Conscript
Conscript

#9  Postby Fireball » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:55 am

*sigh*
harpequins as "new" unit fpr eldar sounds most likely right now ... and dark eldar moved back scedule for about an eternity ^^

seems games workshop considders it more important to bring out yet another marine chapter *urks*

nothing bad about marines, but they making up half the miniatures and rules is just too much
Fireball
Recruit
Recruit

#11  Postby Cheesehead » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Alot of those rumors posted earlier have been debunked.

deepstriking vypers... psh.
Cheesehead
Recruit
Recruit

#12  Postby gop » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 pm

Anyone know if the Farseer can still take a jetbike?
gop
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby Cheesehead » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Yes he can.

Although I'm not sure you want to put the Farseer up on the front lines with a jetbike now. (However, it might be a cunning way of keeping him from dying due to Perils)
Cheesehead
Recruit
Recruit

Return to 40K Rumors and News