Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

I am playtesting and need AB data file support

Have a question about how to do something in the datafiles? Ask it here, we'll help if we can. NOTE: We cannot teach you how to use ABCREATE or how our files work, we don't have the time.

I am playtesting and need AB data file support

#1  Postby ArmyC » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I am not a programer. My last computer class was Fortran in 1981.

I have figured out how to change the cost of items and units.

I have figured out how to change the descriptions of abilities.

Now I need to change some options.

Specifically, I want Eldar Guardian units to be able to take Support Weapons in place of Weapon Platforms. Once you choose the Support Weapon option, the options of Vibro Cannon, D Cannon, and Shadow Weaver need to appear.

I also want the the Wraithlord to be able to take 2 of the same weapon, and they are not listed as TL (twinlinked). The addition will remain the same, but I want the labels to not be TL.

There are others, but that is what I am working on now.

Can anyone help?
ArmyC
Recruit
Recruit

Re: I am playtesting and need AB data file support

#2  Postby shaggai » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 am

ArmyC wrote:I am not a programer. My last computer class was Fortran in 1981.

I have figured out how to change the cost of items and units.

I have figured out how to change the descriptions of abilities.

Now I need to change some options.

Specifically, I want Eldar Guardian units to be able to take Support Weapons in place of Weapon Platforms. Once you choose the Support Weapon option, the options of Vibro Cannon, D Cannon, and Shadow Weaver need to appear.

Just make an option which adds "elWeaponBa" as a child entity.

ArmyC wrote:I also want the the Wraithlord to be able to take 2 of the same weapon, and they are not listed as TL (twinlinked). The addition will remain the same, but I want the labels to not be TL.

Just go into the name of the Twinlinked weapons and change it to what you want, e.g. "2x Starcannon". If you are purposefully wanting to have a single choice which adds a second one to the list it can be done, but is really sort of pointless - just duplicate one of the weapons and then have the InitSynch set with the same option name and set Nature to auto.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am playtesting and need AB data file support

#3  Postby Fyrebyrd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:21 am

I'm just curious. If you are play testing, then your testing will probably result in change, hence my question.
Why do you need to change what the file would print out? :scratch:
Just curious...
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Datafile Programming Support